Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 2:25:08 PM EDT
and I don't know why other than it is cool.
I've wanted a Full Rail Loaded for awhile, wanted one even worse after my buddy got one years ago. Ended up buying a Full Rail TRP and it was full of meh, I don't like 20lpi checkering, adjustable sights, or bull barrels.

My buddy decided to get rid of his full rail, so I bought it.
I'll save up and have some things done to it eventually but it's pretty tight for a production gun. Trigger is smooth, but heavier than I am used to out of my Baer's and Valor. Night sights are dead, so a 10-8 rear and Dawson front will be ordered soon.

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

Anxious to see if you change out the grips.

I have a Colt identical to this.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: no rail though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice! I don’t like adjustable sights or bull barrels either. Ended up with an original MC Operator that SACS worked on. Nice find
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice score.

I don't know that I have ever seen a full rail Loaded.  Just the Mil-Spec and TRP.

That seems to be the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.

Anxious to see if you change out the grips.

I have a Colt identical to this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/505038/image_jpeg-1760402.JPG

ETA: no rail though.
View Quote

Maybe you posted the wrong pic? Your Colt, although beautiful,  is a basic 1911; the SA has an upgraded/modern: sights, trigger, thumb safety, grip safety, hammer, flat mainspring housing, front slide stations...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful pistol OP , I bet they shoot like a dream with a light all the weight up front.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s pretty cool. Never seen one in the wild. I had a full rail operator with the bull barrel and stuff. Made a hell of a soft shooter.

Sold it when my wife got sick

I’d prefer like yours so it would be easy to drop a threaded barrel on there
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I need a railed 1911
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL @ Springfield quality though. I changed out the crappy front night sight to a Dawson FO, and they cut a hole through the slide. Like the cutter was set too deep or something, an actual hole, not the small hall the pin for the sight went into. Won't affect anything other than I filed too much off the Dawson so now there is less slide material for the locktit to hold onto. I'll have to get another Dawson at some point.
Also, the USPS has finally struck me. My Rear sight and trigger were sitting for 3 days in a city an hour away, then they sent it to the post office to a county 35 mins away.

Also waiting on some Wilson grips to come in. Now just need to save up for a Stan Chen SI magwell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the hole for a front sight tenon...i.e. original M1911 front sight? That would make sense if the slide was cut for an original M1911 sight like on their Mil-Spec and other models, and then they cut a dovetail in it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the hole for a front sight tenon...i.e. original M1911 front sight? That would make sense if the slide was cut for an original M1911 sight like on their Mil-Spec and other models, and then they cut a dovetail in it.
View Quote

Doubt it, it's a loaded model so it was cut for the Springfield dovetail from the factory when it was built on the production line. plus if I remember correctly, the hole is not a perfect circle. I should have taken a picture.
Again, no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't be a perfect circle; it'd be a rectangle, lengthwise from front of the gun to back. There might be a little dug out on the underside to fit the mashed tenon as well...I'd bet %100 that's what it's from.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wouldn't be a perfect circle; it'd be a rectangle, lengthwise from front of the gun to back. There might be a little dug out on the underside to fit the mashed tenon as well...I'd bet %100 that's what it's from.
View Quote
I guess they could have taken a slide intended for a mil spec then cut the front and rear sights and and the front serrations. Seems like a lot of work than just using a blank slide.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Added a Harrison rear sight, man that was a bitch, and some more aggressive grips. Now just saving up for a magwell.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Added a Harrison rear sight, man that was a bitch, and some more aggressive grips. Now just saving up for a magwell.

https://i.imgur.com/O7ZaVbGh.jpg
View Quote

I'm diggin' that. Kind of reminds me of a Les Baer Monolith.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top