Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2023 6:50:47 PM EDT
I have baby hands.

I love the looks of Desert Eagles, so iconic and such a good looking gun, but my small-ish hands and the high price have always pushed me away.

I'd love it if someone came out with an 80% sized Desert Eagle in 22lr. I can't be the only one who would buy such a gun.

Yes, I know it would somewhat be a novelty, and I doubt Magnum Research would allow anybody to build it, as that would kill the market for the real deal guns.

But hey, can't I dream?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Use both hands wearing lightweight shooting gloves. My 5ft wife can shoot my AutoMag like that. Note I said can, but not very often.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish the grip was larger.  I pass on a lot of pistols because the grip is too small. But that’s just me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe look for an older 357 magnum version
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have baby hands.

I love the looks of Desert Eagles, so iconic and such a good looking gun, but my small-ish hands and the high price have always pushed me away.

I'd love it if someone came out with an 80% sized Desert Eagle
View Quote

You're essentially describing the Baby Eagle Jericho 9mm

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you guys mis-understood my post. I want the total look of a Desert Eagle. Not "sorta looks like one". I want a scaled down exact copy.

Kinda like what Keystone Arms did with the scaled down Mosin. Or what Browning did with the scaled down 1911 in 380.

I want a gun that LOOKS exactly like a Desert Eagle, but not as big so people with smaller hands can grip it comfortably.

And I'm not saying I CANT handle a Desert Eagle, I'm just saying my hands are a little small to COMFORTABLY grip it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you guys mis-understood my post. I want the total look of a Desert Eagle. Not "sorta looks like one". I want a scaled down exact copy.

Kinda like what Keystone Arms did with the scaled down Mosin. Or what Browning did with the scaled down 1911 in 380.

I want a gun that LOOKS exactly like a Desert Eagle, but not as big so people with smaller hands can grip it comfortably.

And I'm not saying I CANT handle a Desert Eagle, I'm just saying my hands are a little small to COMFORTABLY grip it.
View Quote

Don’t worry about the way a tool looks. Worry about how it works for you.  You should probably look into something else.  Probably a 1911. Nice slim grips.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We’re not trying to put you off. If such a thing existed, we would let you know. And I’d probably own one or two of them.
View Quote

Thanks, I know what I want doesn't exist. Was just watching Last Action Hero with Arnold. He has one in the movie, and it made me want one.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and buy one anyways and just deal with it.

I already have a 1911, and a Shadow 2 with thin grips which fit my hand nicely. But the Desert Eagle is just a bit chunkier than I like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember seeing this 9mm-sized Desert Eagle replica that shoots blanks.

Shooting + Discussing a Retay Desert Eagle XU Blank Firing Pistol - Should you buy?

Always wished someone would make a live-firing 9mm-sized Desert Eagle like that.

Probably closest you gonna get for now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]
They are cool looking guns but far too big to be practical for anything other than a BBQ gun plus there's a lot of reliability concerns with them as well.  Cool overall but definitely a novelty item.  I had a 44 Mag stainless version some years ago and every so often wonder about a .50AE version but for me it's a lot to pay for something so impractical.  Assuming one could be made smaller and more reliable with good capacity in common calibers, yeah that would be kind of cool.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
They are chunky. I've got big hands and they are big for me too. I've never owned one, my dad did for a number of years. A .44 mag. It was fun but not very reliable.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Buddy has owned both a 44 and 357 over the years. I have small hands and the grip is just too large for me to get a comfortable grip on it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't be the only one who would buy such a gun.
View Quote

No but in the minority....

Your missing the point of the DE. Especially if you don't do .50 & have a 10" barrel.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Take it to a public range. You feel great after everyone is ooo'ing you.  Loud, concussion, fireball... The envy of everyone.

Then you get home & cry cause you fired 20rds that cost you $2.50 each
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Take it to a public range. You feel great after everyone is ooo'ing you.  Loud, concussion, fireball... The envy of everyone.

View Quote

This is exactly what I did today, first time out with my new 50ae. Haven't had that much fun at the range In a longtime

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Desert Eagle, like so many iconic and recognizable firearms, really loses its luster after owning and using them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Desert Eagle, like so many iconic and recognizable firearms, really loses its luster after owning and using them.

No, it does not.
I have owned one for probably close to 20 years now and I love it just as much now as I did when I first got it. (maybe a little bit more now, since I have 357, 44, and 50.)

Quoted:

It is not that bad when you reload.
I never shoot mine without putting at least 50 rounds through it. (all 3 calibers) and never fret about the cost. Brass you can re use, bullets are not bad if you shop around, then primers and powder.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#20]
The DE is a big and heavy gun, and I have smaller hands. I wear "medium" gloves and I never had any problems holding or shooting mine. My girlfriend has smaller hands than mine and does not have any issue shooting it. Just only shoots a few rounds because it is heavy and she can only hold it up so long.

It's more fun when you have all 3 calibers, as well as 10in scoped barrels.
Since you have to swap out the bolt to shoot 357, I bought a 2nd one to keep in just 357 (2nd pic)

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#21]
I half want one, but never enough to buy it. I have a buddy with a 44 version and have shot the 50, it's cool but just not the kind of shooting I enjoy anymore with 40 year old elbows and wrists.

If I ever get the chance to snag one for ~1k I likely will, just to check it off the list. But I imagine it gets passed along in short order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top