Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 12:47:51 PM EDT
So.....I like my pistols to have a super aggressive grip. The Talon Grips in sandpaper are my "go to". They are on all my pistols. My duty gun goes through them every few months. Recently  I wanted to have one stippled to see what al the fuss was about. I sent it off to one of the big companies to have the most aggressive stipple job they offered. I got it back recently and Im disappointed. It's way too slick. It almost "tickles" my hand if that makes sense. It's nowhere near as grippy as the Talon Grips.  

The stipple changes the feel of the grip, but i dont feel makes it any more grippy then the stock grip on the Gen4 Glock.  Maybe I'm in the minority with this observation...any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried RTF2?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Stippling varies greatly by the shop.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have aggressive skateboard tape on my M&P and my 1911 has really aggressive VZ grips. I don't care if they scratch my skin or chew my hand up, I just don't want to have the gun slip while shooting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stippling varies greatly by the shop.
View Quote

This.

When I had my Glock done locally (he's no longer in business) he varied the texture on the gun. It was rougher on the front, back and right side. Less so on the left side facing my body.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have VZ's Diamond Back 1911 grips in g-10 green canvas and black linen.

the G-10 are sharp and hold the gun, the canvas and liene grips are as VZ says softer alwost like 60 year old checkering on your dads deer rifle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you tried doing your own stipple job?

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So.....I like my pistols to have a super aggressive grip. The Talon Grips in sandpaper are my "go to". They are on all my pistols. My duty gun goes through them every few months. Recently  I wanted to have one stippled to see what al the fuss was about. I sent it off to one of the big companies to have the most aggressive stipple job they offered. I got it back recently and Im disappointed. It's way too slick. It almost "tickles" my hand if that makes sense. It's nowhere near as grippy as the Talon Grips.  

The stipple changes the feel of the grip, but i dont feel makes it any more grippy then the stock grip on the Gen4 Glock.  Maybe I'm in the minority with this observation...any thoughts?
View Quote

How are your shirts?  How often do you go thru those?  
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Did this one at my dining room table. It’s more aggressive than gunner grips.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
People complain that the Springfield TRP has rough texture.  I love it. I have never found a texture that will glue itself in your hand like the TRP.  Out shooting all day in 100 degree heat sweating your ass off....TRP dont care!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't like aggressive, I don't like smooth either. Checkered wood is good enough for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top