Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2021 7:50:09 PM EDT
Anyone on here have any experience with Hyve Technologies plus 1 and plus 2 mag extensions for the M&P Shield? I’m also curious about their trigger and extended mag releases. Good to go? Don’t waste your money? Better options? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a shield 45 1.0.  I purchased two of the +1 magazine extensions, trigger and mag release from hyve.   Overall very happy with all of their products.  I also have apex sear and springs in the shield 45.  

Note on the hyve mag extensions.   I do not see how to ever remove it from the mag body as there is no way to get the spring above the extension to slide it back off.  I knew this before buying and installing.  I had purchased several s&w shield mags over the years so sacrificing two was not a issue.  I do not know if the 9 or 40 mag extensions are the same.  Also sometimes I have to knock the mag around to get the last round into the mag.  I think the spring shifts around upon compression.  I have never had a issue with using the mags just sometimes loading.  

The trigger is nice as it’s all aluminum and makes it very crisp with the apex sear and spring kit.  Nothing special about the mag release other than its aluminum and stands out a bit than the stock release.  

If you wait around holidays hyve usually runs sales.  I waited and got all my parts during their sales events.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the mag extensions and sent them back to AIM Surplus.

They are LONG hanging on the end of your Shield, which sort of negates the whole point of a small concealed pistol.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with the +2 extensions from here.  They made both mags about 1/4" longer.  Installation was simple, but on the first try I only gained one round in each mag.  The fix was to make sure that the springs were visible as shown in the instructions and got the +2.

I had been carrying the Shield with the 8 round mag.  The 7 rounder now holds 9 and is pretty much the same length as the 8 rounder was originally.  The extension on the 8 round mag still requires the original spacer.  I tested both Remington 124 gr Golden Sabers and Federal 124 gr HST's and all fed reliably.  I only ran a box of each thru the gun, would like to have shot more but that gets to be like setting dollar bills on fire these days.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the +2 extensions from here.  They made both mags about 1/4" longer.  Installation was simple, but on the first try I only gained one round in each mag.  The fix was to make sure that the springs were visible as shown in the instructions and got the +2.

I had been carrying the Shield with the 8 round mag.  The 7 rounder now holds 9 and is pretty much the same length as the 8 rounder was originally.  The extension on the 8 round mag still requires the original spacer.  I tested both Remington 124 gr Golden Sabers and Federal 124 gr HST's and all fed reliably.  I only ran a box of each thru the gun, would like to have shot more but that gets to be like setting dollar bills on fire these days.
View Quote

I’ll have to check those out. Glad to know that they feed reliably. Thanks bud!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought the mag extensions and sent them back to AIM Surplus.

They are LONG hanging on the end of your Shield, which sort of negates the whole point of a small concealed pistol.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

That was something I was a little concerned about. Also if they have any reliability issues. They look really nice, though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a +1 Mag Gut kit, in my Shield. It keeps a small gun small.

The reason I bought it in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:11:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Had some for 4-5 years. No issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a plus 2 extension. No issues, but it is kind of long. Works great for the range or as a spare mag if you’re carrying concealed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I may try the Magguts +1.  It works with both 9 & .40 mags and adds zero length.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have several of the extensions, both +1 & +2 and they are solid kit. Reliable, extra rounds and fills the hand without the stupid plastic sleeve that can slip.
I can't commit on the other stuff but the extensions are good 2 go.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a +2 a number of years before I sold it, and the current owner is still using it. runs 100% but makes the gun about as long as a 1911. may as well carry bigger at that point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top