User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 8:35:13 AM EDT
What method works best for you?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody carries spares...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what though early this morning. I had  S&W revolver back in the 80's that was a 9mm revolver.  It was kind of weird back then.  Nice little gun j frame can't
remember the model.  Don't remember what I did with it traded most likely.  Maybe a flexible stripe that holds them.  Stick them in a pouch or pocket.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a lot of people carry 9mm revolvers.

Fwiw I carry a safariland cd-2 at 12oclock iwb to utilize a little gap my m66 creates aiwb. Its a speedloader. Im not sure if anyone makes a similar pouch for a moon clip
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a cheap nylon double speed loader pouch when I carry my LCR 9mm.  It has velcro closure, and I load 1 moon clip in each compartment, using the velcro closure strap to cinch the clips in tight.  I wear the pouch upside down, so all I have to do is release the velcro strap and let the moon clip fall out under gravity.  It is not a perfect setup by far, but has worked well while standing and seated reloads.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a cheap nylon double speed loader pouch when I carry my LCR 9mm.  It has velcro closure, and I load 1 moon clip in each compartment, using the velcro closure strap to cinch the clips in tight.  I wear the pouch upside down, so all I have to do is release the velcro strap and let the moon clip fall out under gravity.  It is not a perfect setup by far, but has worked well while standing and seated reloads.  Hope this helps!
View Quote

Interesting...Uncle Mikes?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:33:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a cheapie I got from amazon years ago.  It is similar to this one.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It is not very tactical, but seems to work for what it is.  I have worn it when running a few times and it holds them secure inverted.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#8]
you might be able to add some material to hold the loaded spring clip in place of these Safariland pouches... these were designed by Bill Rogers for traditional speed loaders... 3 cartridges on each side of the belt

https://www.copquest.com/safariland-371-five-or-split-six-pouches_23-4329.htm

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
you might be able to add some material to hold the loaded spring clip in place of these Safariland pouches... these were designed by Bill Rogers for traditional speed loaders... 3 cartridges on each side of the belt

https://www.copquest.com/safariland-371-five-or-split-six-pouches_23-4329.htm

View Quote

Maybe some pvc? Maybe that would work for the cd-2 too.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
if you are not familiar with their use... the pouch is basically a loop of leather/poly laminate that is contoured to hold the speed loader, the sides are open, and the pouch is slipped under the belt, with the snap to the front... the speed loader is inserted cartridges down with 3 on each side of the belt... the sides are open, so when the pouch is unsnapped the thumb and bird finger grasp the speed loader as the index finger works the snap

we called them a Rogers six pack

I shot a SW M25 .45acp for a while, and was too cheap to invest in quality mag pouches... I used a simple necklace of 550 cord with a large cotter pin, spread enough, and with enough tension to hold 4-5 loaded clips (mine were from Ranch Products)... to reload I just pulled the bottom clip down and off
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#11]

This is a 38 Special but the same pocket protector would also work for 9mm.

http://www.delfatti.com/PMC-PO%20Page.html
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
if you are not familiar with their use... the pouch is basically a loop of leather/poly laminate that is contoured to hold the speed loader, the sides are open, and the pouch is slipped under the belt, with the snap to the front... the speed loader is inserted cartridges down with 3 on each side of the belt... the sides are open, so when the pouch is unsnapped the thumb and bird finger grasp the speed loader as the index finger works the snap

we called them a Rogers six pack

I shot a SW M25 .45acp for a while, and was too cheap to invest in quality mag pouches... I used a simple necklace of 550 cord with a large cotter pin, spread enough, and with enough tension to hold 4-5 loaded clips (mine were from Ranch Products)... to reload I just pulled the bottom clip down and off
View Quote

Lol, i actually didn't click your link. I thought it was for their metal split six
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a 442 Pro that's cut for the moon clips but only use in the gun for positive extraction of the first 5.  Reloads are carried in speed strips as they are flat in my pocket and the clip won't get bent.  Rest of my loaded moon clips are by the bed where I place my EDC at night.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Speed strips are a no-go for 9mm
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here you go.....that's a solid idea.
I still have several Uncle Mikes nylon double and single speed loader pouches from way back. I also use them for my Ruger 10-22 10 round mags when I would squirrel hunt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#16]
@BerlinVet

3d printed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:05:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I carry a speed loader in an Andrews' Leather Slim Loader  pouch.  I would think it'd work great with a moon clip.

Give Sam Andrews a call (only way to reach him) and ask.  He's a great guy to call and speak with.  He was a cop before he started making holsters.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

I've carried in this pouch for 1 year now and only one person has asked "is that a speed loader pouch?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top