Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2020 11:26:33 PM EDT
If I were to use a kydex holster every day, how long before I should replace it? The last thing I want is my holster breaking at the wrong spot and causing a negligent discharge.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive got ten year old holsters that hold up perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got some 20ish yr old Blade Techs - no issues.

I have broken / cracked many kydex holsters through the years from various manufacturers...some in training, some on the job, and some I have no clue as to what happened..
There are no guarantees for lifespan
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 3 years into on my cheapo "Temporary" holster I bought at the same time I bought my G19.  I keep coming back to it after trying others....Still kicking.  Wear it 365ish days a year.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If I were to use a kydex holster every day, how long before I should replace it?
View Quote

When it breaks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 13 years of daily use out of my CTAC, no signs of needing replacement before our sun destroys Earth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I were to use a kydex holster every day, how long before I should replace it? The last thing I want is my holster breaking at the wrong spot and causing a negligent discharge.
View Quote

This is like asking, "How long will my car last if I drive it everyday?" How far do you drive everyday...20 miles, or 2,000 miles?

How are you using it everyday? Do you mount it on your belt, insert gun, and that's it 'til the end of the day? Or are you rolling around on the ground, doing multiple draws, and beating the crap out of it everyday?

Like the other poster said...replace it when it breaks.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've replaced attachment points such as clips and loops but have yet to crack or otherwise break a holster body.  Have a few holsters that are well over 10 years old.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one I ever had fail was a Raven Concealment Ghost, they replaced free of charge with a Raven Phantom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top