Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2020 12:21:42 AM EDT
Curious if anyone here has had experience with Beretta customer service and if they're considered to be good?  I recently dropped my M9A3 about 4 feet with the slide locked and the back of the rail edge on the slide hit my tile floor and got a small dent.  It has trouble going into battery since the dent is extruded, and when I removed the slide the extruded dent scraped the cerakote off the rail on the frame to the bare metal.  Obviously it is my own fault.  But I am wonder if their CS is any good?  I've been spoiled by Ruger and CZ, the only companies I've had to send guns to, so I am wondering how Beretta is.  They're closed right now due to COVID-19, but I plan on contacting them once they re-open so I can send it in for service.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought an Inox 92 online and it got a ding in finish during shipping from the spare magazine in the case being packed right under the trigger guard, but I didn't notice it while at the FFL.  The company that sold it said they couldn't take it back since I didn't notice it before accepting it from the FFL (though they did refund the shipping) and suggested I call Beretta.  Beretta had me send it back and it took a few months but they fixed it and sent it back free of charge.  That was my only dealing with them, and I was expecting them to say "Sorry, can't help you", so I was surprised and pleased they fixed it for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:47:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Had an M9 frame get gouged during a move once.  It was damaged pretty deep into the aluminum, much more than finish wear.   I gave Beretta USA customer service a call to set up refinishing service.  They told me not to expect a miracle, but they would try their best.

What I got back looks like a brand new frame.  No evidence of damage at all.  I’m entirely impressed.  I forget the cost but it was reasonable and well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
You’d be hard pressed to find better service, in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
They were great about fixing the cosmetic issue with my M9A3.  No questions asked, no BS, just made it right and got it back to me as soon as possible (IIRC about 2 weeks including shipping both ways).
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, everyone.  I ended up just filing down the extruded portion of the dent on my slide and the gun is working great again.  No need to send it in to Beretta now.  But I appreciate the responses and it's good information to know for the future.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It's good as long as you don't mention the 9000 series of pistols and the issue with the grips cracking. They treat you like a three tooth meth whore offering favors for $100 all inclusive, if you do.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I purchased a beretta M9A3 a while back that had FTF issues and my front sight dropped out of the dovetail that I sent back to Beretta. When I spoke to their customer service about my issues the gentleman I spoke with told me that it definitely needed to come back to be fixed and set everything up. I had my gun back in about 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly and the gun ran 100%. Personally I would have no issues purchasing another Beretta firearm and if something was wrong I would know they would make it right!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
For the trouble of sending something back that's purely cosmetic I'd never do that, then again I wouldn't buy something that I had the opportunity to examine that had visual issues.

A functional problem? Yes. I sent my 92X performance back (the slide would NOT go on and off without a struggle) before the COVID shutdown, before they stopped answering phones and Emails, and after 4 months at Beretta I wrote the tech who I originally Emailed asking if he could look into it.

My gun was shipped the next day.

Oh my warranty is not extended for 4 months being at Beretta, only the "work performed" is warranted for one year.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]
My archived thread from a while back. Very pleased with their CS

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Question-about-oem-M9A3-sights/15-189055/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top