BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 says Hellcat.

But really, I can't say anything about the 365. I've never shot one. But, I do like the HC. As it sits in this pic, its the same capacity as the G19. It's thinner by a lot, too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the Hellcat and a 365 XL. Ended up selling the Hellcat for another XL, and then sold them to go to the Macro. Never shot the Hellcat Pro.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the best pistol made, in many years, was the P365. I have two of them - as one was not enough. Then I bought a Hellcat RDP. I haven't carried the P365 since I bought the RDP.

GBB
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I carried a sig p365 and XL for awhile and they were fine but they rusted so bad. I had to keep the gun and mags wiped down or  they would rust quickly. I also carried a 43x MOS for awhile and liked it but wanted something smaller and got a hellcat. It is definitely snappier but it does feel great and it shoots great. No rust issues thus far.

I also started carrying appendix and didn't feel comfortable carrying the 365 AWIB.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:14:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MoonDancer] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:

I have been hearing quite a bit about problems with the Wasp.  I have a Hellcat ready for fo a RDS, but I am not sure I want to buy the Wasp.  Mine came without the RDS.  
What other RDS are available that work the Hellcat?
View Quote
If you're willing to spend a careful 10 to 15 minutes with a Dremel, a Holosun K RDS will work.
Need to take off two of the four recoil nubs and shorten the other two.
I've got a 507K on my Hellcat after having an RMRcc with a plate on it for a year and hating the height.  The 407K/507K sits low enough that you can use the stock iron sights still.
RMRcc with plate.  Iron sights are unusable.

Top one - Hellcat with 507K, stock sights work well.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SickMAK90] [#7]
The Hellcat is definitely snappier than a p365 but at least it doesn't rust all the damn time. The sights, slide, and mags (bad) rusted pretty badly on my p365 and xl. So far no rust on the Hellcat and I have never had rust on a Glock.

I also switched from the sig because I really wanted that trigger safety (I carry appendix). The p365 seems to be a reliable and durable pistol but the lower half also seems very fragile.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: unrock] [#8]
100% agree Hellcat is much more snappier than Sig 365.

I had nice FDE Hellcat for only a week.   End up trading it for 365  with Wilson Combat frame.   Much batter package.  The only thing I don’t like about the Sig is lack of trigger safety like Glock, Hellcat or almost every other striker pistol.

For EDC I still go back to G43x
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't realize just how snappy my Hellcat was until I shot it rapid fire back to back with an XL. My accuracy plummeted compared to the 365, especially when shooting one handed.

The Hellcat is still a great little pistol though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Wespe:
I’ve only shot the Sig and was surprised how little recoil it had for such a small gun.  I’ve heard the Hellcat is snappier but with no actual shooting time with one, it’s hard to say whether or not that’s the case.

If your torn between the two, just remember Springfield did try to screw over guns owners a few years ago.
View Quote

I've shot both- recoil is about the same.
However, SIG screwed me over as a customer when my p938 took a shit at a 200 round count. The one dealing I had with Springfield was great.

Springfield's side of the law carve out story seems legit. Looked to be a specific lobbyist that was the problem.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GunsAndGoats:

I like the Shield Plus. No worries about hallways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunsAndGoats:
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
Two guys I know have hallways and complain that the finish wears easily.

I like the Shield Plus. No worries about hallways.

Bumping an old thread because I am thinking of the Hellcat Pro.

I find it amazing that it's almost an arms race of capacity for such petite weaponry.

Sig offers a 17rd magazine for the 365.

Springfield offers a 17rd magazine for the Hellcat.

Smith and Wesson offers a 15rd magazine for the Shield Plus (and Equalizer).

Glock offers a 10rd magazine

Taurus says to go buy a Sig P226 magazine for the G3C
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 3:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#12]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Bumping an old thread because I am thinking of the Hellcat Pro.

I find it amazing that it's almost an arms race of capacity for such petite weaponry.

Sig offers a 17rd magazine for the 365.

Springfield offers a 17rd magazine for the Hellcat.

Smith and Wesson offers a 15rd magazine for the Shield Plus (and Equalizer).

Glock offers a 10rd magazine

Taurus says to go buy a Sig P226 magazine for the G3C
View Quote

I'm a skinnier guy, so these micro 9's are especially appealing to me, but in general, it kind of makes since to me that carry handguns get smaller and lighter.

I have the regular Hellcat OSP and think it's great. Does it have as nice of a trigger as a 1911? No. But the trigger is fine (IMO) and it weighs a fraction as much while carrying around twice as many rounds. I looked at the P365XL, but I have come to really trust Springfield's from my experience with their products and their customer service and ended up getting the Hellcat. I probably would have gotten the Hellcat Pro if the manual safety version was available at the time, but the Hellcat is actually a really nice size and seems a little more flexible with 11, 13, and 15 round magazines instead of the 15 vs 17 for the Pro now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
we dont support springfield. and its fugly.
View Quote

So did Winchester & Remington in the GCA 1968 in getting mil surplus rifles banned from import to protect their sales. Are they still hated?
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the grip on the 365X better.  Both are respected carry guns and reliable.  Get what works in your hands.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the P365xl.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 7:35:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NN300BLK] [#16]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I like the grip on the 365X better.  Both are respected carry guns and reliable.  Get what works in your hands.  
View Quote

This is really good advice. The grip shape and angle were a sizeable parts of the decision-making process when picking between the two for me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MoonDancer] [#17]

View Quote
Didn't realize this was an older post and I see that I'd duped myself from five months ago.  Pardons.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top