Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/22/2021 9:39:44 PM EDT
I am looking at the 2 and can't really decide, the Sig is a lot cheaper (by a couple hundred dollars.)
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked at both, and decided on the Hellcat.
Boils down to personal preference in my case.
Has worked without a single hiccup so far.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like both of them. It's just hard to choose. I really wish Springfield had a sale.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hellcat.

It felt better. I shot it better.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve only shot the Sig and was surprised how little recoil it had for such a small gun.  I’ve heard the Hellcat is snappier but with no actual shooting time with one, it’s hard to say whether or not that’s the case.

If your torn between the two, just remember Springfield did try to screw over guns owners a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Two guys I know have hallways and complain that the finish wears easily.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By urbanredneck:
Two guys I know have hallways and complain that the finish wears easily.
View Quote

I like the Shield Plus. No worries about hallways.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I shot the Shield, Hellcat, and the 365XL.  Ended up buying the Sig.  Of the 3, the Hellcat would have been my third choice, but they are all fine handguns.  Really personal preference.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TargetEarth] [#8]
Other way around on cost, Sig is more than hellcat. I had both, kept the hellcat, did not like the trigger on the sig, and sig mags are expensive, plus hell kitteh has 15 rounders and I shoot it better.
ETA. I have a Shield plus and could not get mags, that is the reason I bought the hellcat, am keeping both.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Shield, Shield plus, Hellcat, 365X, 365XL, Glock 43X, GLock43x MOS are all great handguns. You won't go wrong with any of them. The Sig's seem to have a rusting issue in high humidity places. I have them all but the plus and the hellcat. I prefer the Glock 43x with milled slide and my Holosun 507Kx2gr and my Sig 365X with Holosun 507kx2gr....I shoot them all about the same. My Shield does not have a red dot...I would get a Shield plus as well but I have too many small carry pistols
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By gqllc:
Shield, Shield plus, Hellcat, 365X, 365XL, Glock 43X, GLock43x MOS are all great handguns. You won't go wrong with any of them. The Sig's seem to have a rusting issue in high humidity places. I have them all but the plus and the hellcat. I prefer the Glock 43x with milled slide and my Holosun 507Kx2gr and my Sig 365X with Holosun 507kx2gr....I shoot them all about the same. My Shield does not have a red dot...I would get a Shield plus as well but I have too many small carry pistols
View Quote

Funny, my brother had the rusting issue with his Shield. After a year of carrying it, you'd think he had strapped it to the bottom of a vehicle that spent the winter in Minnesota. Was just as orange as it was black on the slide.  Apparently the sweat wasn't kind to it.

I typically buy stainless for that reason.  I've never had an issue. All my guns still look brand new. I've carried my XDM probably 1,000 days, for 10+ hours each time, so 10,000 hours (conservatively) of carry and it looks brand new still.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Own both the Hellcat and P365xl.

Like them both for different reasons.  Shoot the XL slightly better, but the Hellcat seems to be built a little better.

I alternate carry them every 3 months or so.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
Own both the Hellcat and P365xl.

Like them both for different reasons.  Shoot the XL slightly better, but the Hellcat seems to be built a little better.

I alternate carry them every 3 months or so.
View Quote

In what way do you judge the Hellcat being built better?  Materials, fit, finish?
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:43:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#13]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

In what way do you judge the Hellcat being built better?  Materials, fit, finish?
View Quote

Fit and finish, primarily, but the Hellcat's striker and extractor seem more robust too.

A lot of chatter here and on the web about the 365 mags rusting, where I haven't seen any complaints of rust at all from hellcat owners. I make a point to wipe my 365 mags with a silicone rag once a week when carrying. Don't bother with my Hellcat.

I could mention mim parts as well, but I'm not 100% certain that the Hellcat doesn't use any too though.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TargetEarth:
Other way around on cost, Sig is more than hellcat. I had both, kept the hellcat, did not like the trigger on the sig, and sig mags are expensive, plus hell kitteh has 15 rounders and I shoot it better.
ETA. I have a Shield plus and could not get mags, that is the reason I bought the hellcat, am keeping both.
View Quote

The LGS is running a sale on the 365 with red dot it's under 600, and the Hellcat with red dot is 779.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#15]
From what I hear, with the Sig you can shoot someone if you drop it. So that sounds like a bonus feature,  depending on who gets hit
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ringsting:
From what I hear, with the Sig you can shoot someone if you drop it. So that sounds like a bonus feature,  depending on who gets hit
View Quote

Wait, what?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Tango_6:

Wait, what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ringsting:

Wait, what?

Guys trying to create a drop fire on the early P365s found a specific way to drop them on the floor and get them to fire. SIG did a free retro fit for owners that cured the problem. Also applied to new guns. No reported problems since.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot both and the Hellcat simply can’t compare to the P365 in my opinion. Carry the 365 daily.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I've shot approx 300 rounds thru my SIL's Hellcat.  Nice pistol, but after he shot my 365 he sold the Hellcat and bought a 365.

Have several hundred rounds thru my 365 and a 365XL.  Lost my 365 to the Wifey so I bought a 365XL.  The 365XL is a really nice pistol !

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Having shot the P365 and Hellcat, I went with the Hellcat. Adding an Apex trigger made a HUGE improvement.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
My brother got the Hellcat. I got a P365XL. We went shooting several times and swapped guns to try each other's out. He didnt want to give my XL back the last couple times. He sold the Hellcat and bought a P365XL of his own.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 2 P365X's and 2 Hellcat OSP's. All of them have RMSc's with glass lenses. I like the Hellcat much better. IMO, it's a better built gun that is very Glock-like. The Sig internals is a clusterfuck. I'm not a fan of the trigger. The stupid thing turns in my hand while shooting and the mags rust if you don't wipe them down at least every few days. HC mags are better made and cheaper. Since I don't do manual safeties and AIWB, I like having the trigger dingus that's provided on the HC. Both of them have Apex triggers. The Hellcat does feel a little snappier, but that's not really an issue for me. I reckon the slide serrations could be a little deeper as well. I also prefer the sights on the HC over the Sig's, but they are both good.

I also have G42's, G43's and a G43X. Need the Shield Plus to round out the collection.

I consider the Hellcat OSP as an improved G43. SA did a great job with it regardless of how some feel about them as a company. Glock needs to get to work.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:02:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I almost bought a P365XL, but ended up going with the Hellcat instead. The Hellcat felt better in my hands and I've owned multiple SA handguns and I can vouch that the rare occasion that I've contacted their CS with a question that the service was excellent.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:11:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARinKCMO] [#24]
I was going to see about trying to shoot a 365, shield plus hellcat a couple years ago at the beginning of Lockdown GunBuying Mania when nobody had anything in stock.  Went to my local shop and they were out of stock on the 365, and the shield with optics was brand new and they didn't have any either, but they had just got in a barely used Hellcat with optic, guy was literally printing out the price tag for it!  It felt great in my hands, so I took it home, it never made it to the used rack.  LoL.  Optic was the Romeo Zero, so I swapped that out for a Swampfox Sentinel.  it came with 11 and 13 rounds mags.  I got it a Crossbreed Reckoning holster, and just recently a couple of the new 15 rnd mags.  Gun shoots awesome, carries awesome.  It's even in the nightstand for home defense.  

I need to get one of the micro-lights for it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I wear XXL gloves.  The grip on the Hellcat is just barely big enough for me to hold on to.  The 365 family are too small, I can't get a good grip on them.  Already bought the Hellcat before the Shield plus came out, and haven't found a reason to change, especially since my wife picked a Hellcat for herself. Hers actually came first, and influenced my decision.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I got both Hellcat and 365XL, both are decent for EDC but the 365XL shoots better for me, YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#27]
I went with the Hellcat.  My neighbor bought one first, and both of us liked it.

I got the RDP one, and it's ready to roll for what I want out of the box - big night sight front, red dot on it that you can co-witness with the red dot, threaded barrel, and handy compensator which seems to cut down on the recoil though I've not compared them side by side.  

It's a great gun to suppress, as the barrel is ready to screw a can on, and the red dot makes it easy to see the target.

They make different sized mags, so you can bump up to a 15 round capacity without adding too much height to it.

Now I'm on my third Wasp red dot.  The one that came with it went through batteries every two months, so sent it back, only to have the second one stop working for awhile at the range, then back on, then off, etc.  So back for another replacement.  Springfield has been great about it, and swapped them out quickly and without a fuss.

And yes, it's very similar to a Glock in the lower section, so pretty easy to work on.

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a 365 and a HC with a red dot.  The HC looks better as in finish. My 365 quickly gets surface rust on it and worse on the mags.  I really like the HC but I shoot the Sig much better. Probably sell the HC for a 365xl.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#29]
A little late to this thread. I own a P365, P365XL and a Hellcat. Love them all. I do feel that the Hellcat is built a little better. Just my opinion but it feels solid.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#30]
, the Sig is a lot cheaper (by a couple hundred dollars.)
View Quote

That's not a sentence I was expecting to hear.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 1stID:
I went with the Hellcat.  My neighbor bought one first, and both of us liked it.

I got the RDP one, and it's ready to roll for what I want out of the box - big night sight front, red dot on it that you can co-witness with the red dot, threaded barrel, and handy compensator which seems to cut down on the recoil though I've not compared them side by side.  

It's a great gun to suppress, as the barrel is ready to screw a can on, and the red dot makes it easy to see the target.

They make different sized mags, so you can bump up to a 15 round capacity without adding too much height to it.

Now I'm on my third Wasp red dot.  The one that came with it went through batteries every two months, so sent it back, only to have the second one stop working for awhile at the range, then back on, then off, etc.  So back for another replacement.  Springfield has been great about it, and swapped them out quickly and without a fuss.

And yes, it's very similar to a Glock in the lower section, so pretty easy to work on.

View Quote

I have been hearing quite a bit about problems with the Wasp.  I have a Hellcat ready for fo a RDS, but I am not sure I want to buy the Wasp.  Mine came without the RDS.  
What other RDS are available that work the Hellcat?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Wespe:
I've only shot the Sig and was surprised how little recoil it had for such a small gun.  I've heard the Hellcat is snappier but with no actual shooting time with one, it's hard to say whether or not that's the case.

If your torn between the two, just remember Springfield did try to screw over guns owners a few years ago.
View Quote
we dont support springfield. and its fugly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#33]

The LGS is running a sale on the 365 with red dot it's under 600, and the Hellcat with red dot is 779.
View Quote
also dont buy the romeo red dot. its plastic trash. buy a P365x or XL without the dot and throw a 407K on it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GrumpyinStL:

I have been hearing quite a bit about problems with the Wasp.  I have a Hellcat ready for fo a RDS, but I am not sure I want to buy the Wasp.  Mine came without the RDS.  
What other RDS are available that work the Hellcat?
View Quote

Two of two have been duds so far - the second one had issues right from the start - the battery holder was slightly too small for the battery, and I had to wrassle the sight onto the slide to get the battery to stay in place - probably why it started to cut out at the range.

The 3rd doesn't have the issue - hopefully the battery will last longer than two months, like the first model was going through them.

I think, (think!), the Hellcat's footprint is the RMScc, but hunt around to verify before you buy and try.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Hellcat Pro with a 407K is the way.  507K would be fine too if you like different dots.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

Two of two have been duds so far - the second one had issues right from the start - the battery holder was slightly too small for the battery, and I had to wrassle the sight onto the slide to get the battery to stay in place - probably why it started to cut out at the range.

The 3rd doesn't have the issue - hopefully the battery will last longer than two months, like the first model was going through them.

I think, (think!), the Hellcat's footprint is the RMScc, but hunt around to verify before you buy and try.
View Quote

I think you mean RMSC. Not to be confused with RMRcc.

It will also fit the 407k/507k with the slightest bit of milling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Had them both side by side last weekend for several mags.  Sig all the way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
Having shot the P365 and Hellcat, I went with the Hellcat. Adding an Apex trigger made a HUGE improvement.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Capture_JPG-2255212.JPG
View Quote

That is what I was hoping. I love the feel of the hellcat and I love the sights. I will just plan on upgrading the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ve seen it mentioned in here a couple of times, but the Hellcat does seem to be built a little better than the 365 series. I own the P365/P365XL and a Hellcat. The hellcats finish on the slide seems to be better, I don’t think the mags can rust and they’re half the price. It also seems that the Sigs have a lot more moving parts.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
I’ve seen it mentioned in here a couple of times, but the Hellcat does seem to be built a little better than the 365 series. I own the P365/P365XL and a Hellcat. The hellcats finish on the slide seems to be better, I don’t think the mags can rust and they’re half the price. It also seems that the Sigs have a lot more moving parts.
View Quote

Owner of both. Prefer the 365 ergos a bit more, but think the Hellcat will withstand more of a beating.

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

Funny, my brother had the rusting issue with his Shield. After a year of carrying it, you'd think he had strapped it to the bottom of a vehicle that spent the winter in Minnesota. Was just as orange as it was black on the slide.  Apparently the sweat wasn't kind to it.

I typically buy stainless for that reason.  I've never had an issue. All my guns still look brand new. I've carried my XDM probably 1,000 days, for 10+ hours each time, so 10,000 hours (conservatively) of carry and it looks brand new still.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Originally Posted By gqllc:

Shield slides are stainless, that's weird.  My Gen 1 shield has never had a spot of rust, carry it every day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Have an employee that loved my Hellcat so I gave it to him as part of a year end bonus.

Now I'm on the fence about replacing it with either another one or just consolidating and going with a standard P365 to go with my 365 XL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#43]
An hour ago I handled a Hellcat with a Holosun mounted at a pawnshop.
The optic had the EOTechish circle dot reticle. I did not note the model number. It’s kind of cosmetically ugly.

Disturbance broke out and I handed it back so pawn shop guy could deal with it. Did not get further details.

Priced at $500

Decent deal?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SouthsideSlim:
An hour ago I handled a Hellcat with a Holosun mounted at a pawnshop.
The optic had the EOTechish circle dot reticle. I did not note the model number. It’s kind of cosmetically ugly.

Disturbance broke out and I handed it back so pawn shop guy could deal with it. Did not get further details.

Priced at $500

Decent deal?
View Quote

Considering the optic usually sells for $250-300, I'd say hell yeah thats a decent deal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you.
I started doing some research after I posted that, think I’m going to go back and snag that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#46]
did just get a new limited run Hell Cat with stainless slide came with 6 mags , recoil spring is very strong , have a G/48 and a newer 365 , the sig is a tac driver for a small gun .
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#47]
I shot a couple of mags through both at a rental range and then bought the P365.

I like the trigger better on the SIG and it felt great. It comes with the best OEM night sights I’ve ever seen on a new gun. And you can cheaply replace the grip module for different lengths and design. I went with the Wilson short grip and it has a bit more palm swell. The only down side for me is the SIG mags are now up to $50 ea . Fortunately I bought a bunch at $35. But $50 is kind of painful when you like to have 6-10 handy.

I was very surprised how well the P365 shoots. With irons or an RMRc it shoots as accurately as my G19.5 with irons or RMR. Really love that about the 365.

I had no complaints with the Hellcat. It shot well and the buddy I was with bought it instead of the SIG. We both really like our micro pistols. I believe he buys mags more around $25 each.

You cannot go wrong either way.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

Fit and finish, primarily, but the Hellcat's striker and extractor seem more robust too.

A lot of chatter here and on the web about the 365 mags rusting, where I haven't seen any complaints of rust at all from hellcat owners. I make a point to wipe my 365 mags with a silicone rag once a week when carrying. Don't bother with my Hellcat.

I could mention mim parts as well, but I'm not 100% certain that the Hellcat doesn't use any too though.

View Quote

Haven’t seen any issues in Florida so far between myself and multiple family and coworkers with them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#49]
I really like my Hellcat Pro. I don’t want either of the factory red dots (Hex or Romeo Zero) on a carry gun. Both have pretty bad track records.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I waited till Sig seem to have the  bugs worked out got a  365 xl and also picked a new reg slide and barrel for it carries nice and is a tac driver gor such a small gun , this new Hell Cat I just got man the recoil spring is strong and mags, I need the loader that came with it most of the time for now , I do think the 365 shoots a tad better .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top