Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 5:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45ProCarry]
I have been offered a Desert Eagle .44 magnum pistol in a trade deal.  How do I tell which version it is?  It is an Israeli made version.  I will try to post some poor pics in a minute.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know much about them but your says made in Israel.  I thought the later models were made in the US.  I could be wrong but that's a place to start. Also check the serial number with them.  That should tell you something too.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 6:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#3]
I think the 3/8 dove tail and hook type safety lever make it a mark VII.

Trying to make this pdf link work from MRI website.

Edited out

It didn't work.

There is a pdf that explains the difference between the 3

This link works

https://www.magnumresearch.com/PDF/Distinction_MarkI-XIX.pdf
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sadly, none of their PDF's work on their website.  You can open them, but the FAQ's sections do not work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:
Sadly, none of their PDF's work on their website.  You can open them, but the FAQ's sections do not work.
View Quote

@45ProCarry

Link is fixed
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45ProCarry] [#6]
It does sound like it's a MK VII.  I appreciate the info.  I am going to setup a meet with the owner to check ot out.  I will update when I can actually see it in person.

@RiverSwine45
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, it is a Mk VII. Looks to be in very nice shape.
If it was a Mk I it would have teardrop shaped safety levers. The hook shape is the Mk VII style.
It will be 44 only. You can not swap on a 50 AE barrel. So just keep that in mind if you were thinking you could put a 50 barrel on it.
I used to have a 44 Mk VII for years. I love it and it was fun to shoot. However I really wanted a 50 cal, so I ended up selling it to buy a 50 AE that also came with a 44 barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top