Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 10:24:07 PM EDT
I got a used M9A3.  I was planning on getting a LTT trigger job in a bag.  I took it out to my shop and compared it to my Wilson Combat 92G Brigadier Tactical with an action tune and Wilson trigger bar.  My Wilson measures 3.25lb in single action.  Surprisingly this M9A3 measures at 3.5lbs.  They are both equally crisp.  The double action is not as smooth on the M9A3 nor as light but it is not bad.  Reset is identical.

Would a stock M9A3 ever weigh in at a very crisp 3.5lbs?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't mean to post a second time here....
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Possibly, the m9a3 cones factory with the lighter ā€œdā€ hammer spring, and even then a previous owner could have swapped in a lighter version than that. Lots of people report the m9a3 has the best factory triggers of any 92 they have used.

I have multiple 92s and if I swap a 12lb spring into a stock 92 vs a 92 with a Langdon trigger job and the same 12lb spring the pull weight is about the same, but the Langdon is better very smooth no grit. Sights do not move when the trigger breaks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
My M9A3 has the best factory trigger of any of my 4 Berettas (including an LTT), but it's nowhere near as good as a Langdon trigger job in a bag much less a full trigger job. The TJIAB is much more crisp with a significantly lighter pull, especially in DA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Check for a plastic trigger.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#5]
No - M9A3 does not come with a plastic trigger. It has a steel trigger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 M9A3s (Italian guns) and they both break at 3lbs 12 oz SA. My LTT has a 4 lbs SA trigger pull.
My Beretta Compact got the trigger in the bag treatment and it has a 3 lbs 5 oz SA trigger pull.
The LTT will definitely get the trigger in a bag job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top