Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2021 12:17:50 PM EDT
New HK mp5 22 pistol

It's made by Walther/umarex under license.

I ordered the brace when I ordered the gun, couldn't wait.  It doesn't fit.  Ordered an airsoft stock.  Doesn't fit. Call HK and this is a completely new design and there isn't anything available (yet)

I knew I could make it fit and did after 3 hours with a Dremel, chisel and file.

Problem is even the pin hole was off.

Had a buddy weld it up for me now I've got it filed down ready to drill the hole.  Only issue is where do I start?  Got one shot to be perfect or back to the welder.

The factory plastic end cap is thinner than the aluminum, making the plastic cap deeper.  Can't measure there.  The floor of the 2 is also a different thickness so can't measure there.  Being the aluminum thickness goes forward towards the gun, the brace does not slide on the gun as far as the factory plastic cap.  I just don't know anywhere to get a measure from
https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/attachments/img_20211213_095118424-jpg.140957/
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Me personally...I would mount up in my vice on the mill and use the measurements off the old one and use the DRO to match it over to the new one. However, if that part fits into the receiver and the holes line up, just mark it with a set punch on both sides and drill.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me personally...I would mount up in my vice on the mill and use the measurements off the old one and use the DRO to match it over to the new one. However, if that part fits into the receiver and the holes line up, just mark it with a set punch on both sides and drill.
View Quote

The thickness of them are different.  If you take a measurement off the plastic cap it will be different location on the aluminum.

Friend had a good idea to whittle a piece of wood to fit them drill a hole in it and use as a template, but the interior deminsions from the plastic cap to the aluminum adapter are different depths as well.

If I had a mill. Lol
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The thickness of them are different.  If you take a measurement off the plastic cap it will be different location on the aluminum.

Friend had a good idea to whittle a piece of wood to fit them drill a hole in it and use as a template, but the interior deminsions from the plastic cap to the aluminum adapter are different depths as well.

If I had a mill. Lol
View Quote
I understand now. That is a good idea and lets you try first before going all in. If I can help at all I am happy too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top