Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2020 9:33:07 PM EDT
Now that they have the buy-build-shoot kit I'm kinda interested. Is the polymer in these as good as Glock? Are they standing up to years of frozen winter's and summers left on the dashboard in 120°f heat? I want to make sure that whatever I buy will last a lifetime, maybe my children's lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a glock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
2 Years in Las Vegas with a Brownell's gray PF940V2 and a desert tan PF940C, and no issues yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of mine are coming up on being a year old. Each probably have 1,000 - 1,500 rounds through them.  Frames seem to be perfectly fine.  If you take your time during the build they run just fine.  Only issues mine ever seem to have are from Pmags.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both of mine are coming up on being a year old. Each probably have 1,000 - 1,500 rounds through them.  Frames seem to be perfectly fine.  If you take your time during the build they run just fine.  Only issues mine ever seem to have are from Pmags.

View Quote

Definitely agree with the pmag statement.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Still waiting for the PSA9 "DAGR" release.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy a glock.
View Quote

I currently own 6 factory Glocks and my P80 is as good as any of them and more ergonomic.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buy a glock.
View Quote

Build a Glock
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine isn’t very old but the quality of material is nice and I have no doubts it will hold up well over time.

Worst case if you don’t like it or something happens you can just buy a factory Glock stripped frame for $50-$75 and reuse all the components in the lower and slide.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine seems pretty beefy. Enough of them out there we would have likely heard of any failures by now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Could you please explain the PMAG issues?  This is the first I've heard of an issue.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Could you please explain the PMAG issues?  This is the first I've heard of an issue.  Thanks.
View Quote

I had several FTE and FTF issues that cleared up when I ditched my pmags. Not sure how the mages were causing the issues, but they stopped with factory glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had several FTE and FTF issues that cleared up when I ditched my pmags. Not sure how the mages were causing the issues, but they stopped with factory glock mags.
View Quote

Well, crap.  I'm building my first P80 (and first Glock) and I only have two PMags so far.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
My first p80 build has 750 rounds through it. Second build has 400 rounds through it.

Reliability is 100% with Glock mags. Reliability is 99.5% with Korean and PMags. That grip angle I guess.

If you reload your own I’m guessing a guy could find a seating depth that works 100% in all mags.

Buy a Glock

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a few.  I moved and packed my handguns loose in a coffin case under my rifles, I chipped out part of the frame at the mag well.  It’s not a glock, but it’s close enough for the cost.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Build a Glock
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy a glock.

Build a Glock

He is looking for something that has held up to years of use, and that would be a Glock.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
You can tell from removing the 20% left, the polymer (plastic) is not going to be as durable as a Glock frame. It's a bit harder and possibly more brittle, less likely to flex.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]
This is about the highest round count I have found. But being that they’re 80% I’m sure people are likely stay quiet about them.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Buy a glock.
View Quote

Actually I think that is what I'll do.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mine isn’t very old but the quality of material is nice and I have no doubts it will hold up well over time.

Worst case if you don’t like it or something happens you can just buy a factory Glock stripped frame for $50-$75 and reuse all the components in the lower and slide.
View Quote

Where are you finding frames for this price still? Cheapest I have seen recently in stock has been like $165 at big Tex outdoors...
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

My glock mags feed fine through my p80 build with unity atom slide and PMM comp. when I use Pmags, I get issues. My buddy also has a zev oz9 and his zev does not like the pmags either....

I literally just got rid of the 8 I had.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Where are you finding frames for this price still? Cheapest I have seen recently in stock has been like $165 at big Tex outdoors...
View Quote

Best deal I ever had was $100 for a new complete frame from legion precision.

I’ve heard Glock replaces frames cheap, maybe that’s what they’re referring to.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

@sheepdog697

After further review it looks like I’m a bit off on my price. I remember the Glock store was constantly running deals for stripped frames for $50 each.

Here’s a few I’m seeing now. Prices vary a depending on what size frame you want but I’m finding $75-$120 are the listed price. Most places are out of stock though.
Rifle Supply

Big Tex Outdoors

Edit:
This is what the Glock Store used to advertise constantly. I always had them coming up in emails and social media. Maybe with how big 80% are now there’s not much business for them.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@sheepdog697

After further review it looks like I’m a bit off on my price. I remember the Glock store was constantly running deals for stripped frames for $50 each.

Here’s a few I’m seeing now. Prices vary a depending on what size frame you want but I’m finding $75-$120 are the listed price. Most places are out of stock though.
Rifle Supply

Big Tex Outdoors

Edit:
This is what the Glock Store used to advertise constantly. I always had them coming up in emails and social media. Maybe with how big 80% are now there’s not much business for them.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/223734/DE0EAA57-85E0-44BB-8F86-82BE8D2BAEF0_jpe-1450736.JPG
View Quote

Wow, i wish that were still the case!  I was looking the other day like i said, and definitely would jump one for under $100. I might scoop up that OD green from Big tex for $165, just seems like a ton for a stripped frame.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Buy a glock.
View Quote
I have.

But the Polymer 80 feels better in the hand. And I didn't have to have a permission slip to buy it. If my Safariland holster worked with the P80 I would not have any more Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mine isn't very old but the quality of material is nice and I have no doubts it will hold up well over time.

Worst case if you don't like it or something happens you can just buy a factory Glock stripped frame for $50-$75 and reuse all the components in the lower and slide.
View Quote
I wish I could buy a stripped Glock frame right now. Especially for $50-$75.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow, i wish that were still the case!  I was looking the other day like i said, and definitely would jump one for under $100. I might scoop up that OD green from Big tex for $165, just seems like a ton for a stripped frame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@sheepdog697

After further review it looks like I'm a bit off on my price. I remember the Glock store was constantly running deals for stripped frames for $50 each.

Here's a few I'm seeing now. Prices vary a depending on what size frame you want but I'm finding $75-$120 are the listed price. Most places are out of stock though.
Rifle Supply

Big Tex Outdoors

Edit:
This is what the Glock Store used to advertise constantly. I always had them coming up in emails and social media. Maybe with how big 80% are now there's not much business for them.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/223734/DE0EAA57-85E0-44BB-8F86-82BE8D2BAEF0_jpe-1450736.JPG

I got the alert for the OD and thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe with how big 80% are now there’s not much business for them.
View Quote

If anything there should generally be a surplus of OEM frames considering most complete OEM parts kits and slides for sale come from stripped down complete factory guns. Literally they profit from parting out guns right off the shelf.

The reason for the current pricing is panic gouging and/or shortages; although pulling stock to manipulate availibility, effectively throwing fuel on the panic fire doesnt constitute a true "shortage".
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Faxon Fx19 pistols Use the compact frame and they have passed a 15,000 round test.

That’s the most I’ve seen so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top