Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2018 1:23:25 PM EDT
Found a great deal on a M&P 2.0 compact w/ safety and want to remove it. Anyone done this before and how difficult is the process?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not difficult at all but I work on them a lot. Plenty of youtube vids on it
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not difficult at all but I work on them a lot. Plenty of youtube vids on it
View Quote
Never done any handgun work but have built enough ARs and own all the necessary tools. So probably doable?

Id watch the youtube vids, but no access to them at the moment and don't want to miss out on the deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It really is easy, if you can build an AR you have it for sure.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It really is easy, if you can build an AR you have it for sure.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It's very easy to do,  but you will need two frame plugs to fill the hole in the frame.  Call S&W and they'll send them to you for free.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's very easy to do,  but you will need two frame plugs to fill the hole in the frame.  Call S&W and they'll send them to you for free.
View Quote
Already took care of that, although they do not offer them for free anymore. Shipping price was ridiculous, too.

I did get a chance to watch a video and it seems easy enough to do. Then I went down the Apex rabbit hole
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Already took care of that, although they do not offer them for free anymore. Shipping price was ridiculous, too.

I did get a chance to watch a video and it seems easy enough to do. Then I went down the Apex rabbit hole
View Quote
The apex trigger is a game changer on those. I have done a pile of them, I had one that would not get right but it was the trigger bow. They are a great improvement.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Apex trigger is a great add, even if you don't go the full kit. Replacing the stupid hinge is nice.

If you want to sell the safety & plunger & spring for a reasonable price, let me know. Speed Shooting Supplies has been OOS for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top