BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2022 5:21:13 PM EDT

Test Gun: Sig P320, P365
Barrel length: 3.9, 3 inches.
Ammunition: Hornady Handgun Hunter 9mm 115gr +P Monoflex in Vyse Ballistics Gel
Test media: 10% Vyse Ballistics Gel
Distance: 10 feet.
Chronograph: Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph G2.
Velocity average: 1135, 1083 fps
BB Calibration: 3.5 inches.

https://general-cartridge.com/2022/08/08/hornady-handgun-hunter-9mm-115gr-p-monoflex-in-vyse-ballistics-gel/
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. One thing about the solid copper JHP's (at least the good ones like Barnes) is the total consistency. They seem to always expand very consistently, bare jell, heavy clothing etc, all the same. Seems to be the case with this load also.

I'd love to see this load compared to the Barnes, either from Barnes or from Cor Bon. Does Cor Bon still use the Barnes solid 115? I still have a few boxes...

Velocity was not +P-ish in my opinion but probably does not need to be with this bullet. Also the solid copper bullets are longer and may not leave too much extra room for extra powder. Still I wouldn't mind seeing 1200 for a 115gr out of a 4" barrel.  

Good work as always OP!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for posting OP!   I had never seen this bullet before and I don’t remember any monolithic pistol bullets using a polymer core.   Probably wise to get away from lead core bullets with all the hate for lead.   Pretty decent performance for monolithic pistol bullets.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice an consistent performance but I prefer greater penetration for hunting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top