Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2021 7:47:20 PM EDT
I am using a Glock G41 for my house gun. It will sit in my bedroom until needed. How do you suggest I set it up ? Laser ? Light ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
TLR-1
Safariland ALS or SLS Holster that will hold it on a duty type belt with a side release buckle next to the night stand.

I say holster because you might want to not have the gun in your hand but also don't want to just set it down.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Red dot
Night sights
Weapon light
Federal HST or similar high-performance/LE ammo

And practice/train with it.  Learn to operate everything with your eyes closed, including checking for a round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
2nd on TLR-1. Great light.

Edit
2nd on night sights. I never knew what I was missing till I bought a handgun that came with them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Red dot
Night sights
Weapon light
Federal HST or similar high-performance/LE ammo

And practice/train with it.  Learn to operate everything with your eyes closed, including checking for a round in the chamber.
View Quote

All of this plus a nice hand held light, so you don't have to point your pistol at everything to identify it.
Don't forget a couple of spare mags.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
a shotgun?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a set of electronic ear muffs and keep those by your gun.  It'd be nice to not go deaf defending yourself while still being able to hear normal sounds.

Yes on weapon light BUT ALSO, have a hand flashlight handy.  I like the kind with a strobe option.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All of this plus a nice hand held light, so you don't have to point your pistol at everything to identify it.
View Quote

Unless you have family that sleeps in other rooms, I would forgo this. If you’ve broken into someone’s house then you’ve earned the right to have a gun pointed at you whether you have a weapon or not. A light in your weak hand is also just something else to fiddle with when you’re tired and may need to get rounds off quick.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Professional training is the answer, Grasshopper. Then you will not need to ask the question.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

no. real weapon lights (TRL HL or similar) can and will light a whole room by flashing the ground or ceiling. Anybody that says you have to point a real light at something to ID it is wrong and clearly never used a good light.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#10]
TLR-1 HL and night sights, bout it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Just put a TLR-1 on it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Where is the cheapest place to buy the TLR ?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Light of your choice. I use the TLR-1H. I'm not big on night sights.

My pistol sits on the nightstand with a couple of extra mags and my phone.

I haven't joined the push for RDS on handguns, but that's an option if you want to train with it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Fun exercise, have a family member place cereal boxes stuffed with newspaper in a couple of places and then clear the room in the dark with a light and Airsoft pistol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where is the cheapest place to buy the TLR ?
View Quote

I don't know where the cheapest place is, just don't buy it from Amazon.  There's a high probability that you'll just receive some Chinese knock off shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fun exercise, have a family member place cereal boxes stuffed with newspaper in a couple of places and then clear the room in the dark with a light and Airsoft pistol.
View Quote

Well..never wanted an airsoft pistol, but that sounds like a fun training opportunity
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

no. real weapon lights (TRL HL or similar) can and will light a whole room by flashing the ground or ceiling. Anybody that says you have to point a real light at something to ID it is wrong and clearly never used a good light.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#18]
You also need a grab/fast bag, something you can grab fast that has extra mags, knife, extra light, first aid, etc.

Can't hold extra stuff wearing just your underwear.

And since it will be an HD gun extended mags are an excellent choice.

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well..never wanted an airsoft pistol, but that sounds like a fun training opportunity
View Quote
With the cost of ammo these days a GBB airsoft gun clone of your carry/HD gun is cheap.  It's not perfect but it's a good bit better than nothing or just dry fire alone.

When I was in the Army I made a joke to my CO that we should buy some airsoft GBB guns for Sergeants Time training.  Then he hand delivered them to my office a few weeks later and said, with a big shit eating grin on his face, "I call dibs on OPFOR."  We were both former Infantry, and my office was all former combat arms dude who did most of the weapons, tactics, and soldier skills training for the battalion.  Much fun, training, and shenanigans were had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top