Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 10:00:13 AM EDT
I've noticed that a lot of holster makers differentiate between the standard P320 models and the P320 X models. I know the frames are different but I thought those differences were mostly in the grip area which shouldn't effect most holsters? Is there any dimensional differences between the slides?

The reason I'm asking is what if I have hybrid... 320 XCarry slide on a standard 320 frame or a standard 320 Carry slide on an X frame? What if you have a full length (4.7" barrel) slide on a Carry or Xcarry frame? Then what happens if you switch to a Wilson Combat frame or the new AXG frame?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have standard P320 compact and P320 carry grip modules, I also have a Compact X-Grip module, a Carry-X grip module.

I have two holsters, a Milt Sparks Versa Max and a kydex holster.  Any configuration that I use, be it Compact, Carry, X grip modules in either size fit perfectly fine in both holsters.

I can't speak to the Wilson, or AXG but my suspispion is they'd work also.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Having both Wilson and AXG frames, I have not experienced any problems with any of my holsters originally built for standard/X frames.  I do have problems with one Ready Tactical holster that wont support tall, suppressor sights.  

Generally speaking, most holsters designed for a full slide will accommodate any combo of shorter slide/grip.  Kydex holsters usually retain the gun at the trigger guard and slide's ejection port.  A lot depends on the forming mold used by the kydex holster builder, and how they trim, taper/flare/mold/shape the bottom of the holster at the muzzle area.

Ive got a mix of R.U.T, and TRex kydex, and a safariland duty ALS/QLS reddot 6XXX series something.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having both Wilson and AXG frames, I have not experienced any problems with any of my holsters originally built for standard/X frames.  I do have problems with one Ready Tactical holster that wont support tall, suppressor sights.  

Generally speaking, most holsters designed for a full slide will accommodate any combo of shorter slide/grip.  Kydex holsters usually retain the gun at the trigger guard and slide's ejection port.  A lot depends on the forming mold used by the kydex holster builder, and how they trim, taper/flare/mold/shape the bottom of the holster at the muzzle area.

Ive got a mix of R.U.T, and TRex kydex, and a safariland duty ALS/QLS reddot 6XXX series something.
View Quote

Thanks for the info guys. It the part I highly above that made me concerned the using an WC or AXG module may make some holsters not fit correctly a they do have different TG's.

Sounds like that won't be an issue which is good. Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top