Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2023 9:14:34 PM EDT
Long time AIWB concealed carrier but I need a setup for when I wear a suit. Best carry option there seems to 3:30-4:30. IWB, under coat but not under shirt.

I guess I would entertain an OWB but it would have to be really tight to the body to work.

I tried an Alien Gear hybrid holster years ago…leather backed but kydex shell. Didn’t like it.

I like Tier 1 and they have a setup that look like it would work. Called Echo.

I like plastic belt clips over the DCC metal clips, I like two clips over one, and I’d like something that brings  the grip in closer to the body

What’s your choice?

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using Tulster Profile holsters lately.  They have a single wide plastic belt clip, but there are other options available.  Prior to those I had used Alien Gear holsters, and while I was OK with them the Tulster seems to conceal better for me.
I normally carry at about 3:30.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 12:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go OWB for that. Or pocket carry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I wore an IWB PJ holster with a G48 under a suit yesterday. Very comfortable (I've slept with it on) and compact, nice wide fold over clip and the black blends in with a black belt and slacks. The gun stands out against a white shirt, not really a probably under a suit jacket.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Been using the Comptac Minotaur for years.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using an IWB from JM Custom Kydex.  I like it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.

May try that Comptac
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at Wright Leather Works Closer and change the leather loops out with plastic IWB.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at the G-Code Syncron. I have the now discontinued Incog which is very similar that I wear at 4:00. To get the cant you need to use the MOJO and with no mag caddy.  G-Code
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
When I carried there, my favorite was StealthgearUSA. In the humid east Texas summer, and the humid rest of the year lol, that fabric like backing was soooo much better than leather. It breathes a little bit, just enough to make the difference. I also loved my MTAC by Comp-Tac, just prefer the SGUSA.

I also didn't care for Alien Gear, although some people seem to like them. They don't come close to the quality of the nicer brands, but they're also significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Peacekeeper3073:
View Quote

I have used their C-Tac for years but the last update was not a welcome change and their gun offerings are a disappointment also. Their holsters pre-HSGI were a lot better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#11]
TREX ARMS Ironside OWB fits pretty tight to the body and i'm able to wear a normal shirt over without much printing of firearm.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#12]
My go-to holster is a Don Hume IWB leather that works so well for my P229. I wear it at about 4:00 but with a LH holtser (butt forward) even though I'm right handed. That has always worked the best for me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By switchback7:
TREX ARMS Ironside OWB fits pretty tight to the body and i'm able to wear a normal shirt over without much printing of firearm.
View Quote

I concur with this. One of the more thoughtfully designed OWB's I've used and it's my primary holster these days. Holds the gun tight, yet the way TRex molds the holster the belt passes through without becoming banana shaped. Very comfortable and eliminates the hot spot that is typical in the center of the holster body on a kydex holster.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#14]
Originally Posted By GSAR426:

I have used their C-Tac for years but the last update was not a welcome change and their gun offerings are a disappointment also. Their holsters pre-HSGI were a lot better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSAR426:
Originally Posted By Peacekeeper3073:

I've had an MTac for almost 15 years. It's easily my favorite holster. I'm not familiar with any recent updates to their offerings, though.

Something similar is a Crossbreed Supertuck. I have one of those, too, and it's great (if not quite the equal of my old MTac).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top