Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 2:48:46 PM EDT
What do you guys like for revolver holsters?  I’ve got DSG and bladetech got my Glocks but I need something to keep  my GP100 secure while hunting.  I really don’t want a thumb break.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
for hunting I use stuff from Hunter
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
7x Leather chest holster

Ringler Wyoming combination holster

I have a Wyoming combo holster and it it not nearly as big as it looks in the pictures. I also don't have the built in mag pouch, mine is on a dump pouch on the strap.

ETA: Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake with Chesty Puller harness
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently purchased the Highwayman from Privateer Leather for my GP100 3". Due in about 3 weeks. Great customer service communications (my experience so far) and rave reviews on other websites.

https://www.privateerleather.com/pancake-style-owb-holsters
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
All the pros of leather without the cons of kydex....
All the pros of kydex without the cons of leather....
All in one holster

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one made by safariland. It’s a hard plastic but has a felt liner. Used it for IDPA bc it would hold a K frame and GP100.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The Gunfighter Kenai is a great holster but probably overkill for a 4-inch GP100 unless you have lower-back or hip problems from carrying a gun on the belt.  I have a Kenai but use it for my big 6.5 inch N-frames.

This is my hunting setup for my 6.5 inch full underlug S&W 610 or M29.

For a 4-inch medium frame revolver I like a good belt holster and I really like a Safariland 567.  It's a hybrid leather-polymer holster and for the modest price (<$40) it has been awesome.  Its a leather body, so you get a swede lining with a stiff plastic reinforcements on the front, back, and top.  The mounting is a very comfortable stiff rubber belt loop that hold the revolver close and stable with little wiggle when used with a good stiff belt or a paddle of similar construction can be used.  There is cant adjustment and retention adjustment.  There is also adjustment in the back-spine of the holster to adjust for a full, partial or no lug on your barrel.

This is my IDPA setup and I use the same holster for carrying my Model 10 around the hunting property in the summer.  It rides just high enough I can comfortably sit in my truck, UTV or tractor without the muzzle hitting the seat.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a 4-inch medium frame revolver I like a good belt holster and I really like a Safariland 567.  It's a hybrid leather-polymer holster and for the modest price (<$40) it has been awesome.  Its a leather body, so you get a swede lining with a stiff plastic reinforcements on the front, back, and top.  The mounting is a very comfortable stiff rubber belt loop that hold the revolver close and stable with little wiggle when used with a good stiff belt or a paddle of similar construction can be used.  There is cant adjustment and retention adjustment.  There is also adjustment in the back-spine of the holster to adjust for a full, partial or no lug on your barrel.

https://i.imgur.com/X1hqm19.jpg
This is my IDPA setup and I use the same holster for carrying my Model 10 around the hunting property in the summer.  It rides just high enough I can comfortably sit in my truck, UTV or tractor without the muzzle hitting the seat.
View Quote
Thats the holster that I have and I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well,that's three of us !
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Elpasso saddlery Threepersons
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 3:42:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Bianchi Accumold Cruiser Holster - Model 7104- Size 4-Black RH

Sold my 4" GP100, my 4" security six fits well, but it rides to high and the    handle   grip wants to hang off body.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
After a good deal of research I'm ordering one from Simply Rugged for my 3" GP100.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Exposed trigger on a double action revolver seems like a bad idea.  A strap is also less than desirable for me too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I carry my 4" 629 in a Kensai and I love it.  For a woods holster, it's awesome and super comfortable.  I don't like carrying my revolver on my belt and that thing makes it a dream, plus it lets me use a pack w/ a hip belt.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Since I don't CCW a gun that large, this works for the simple target shooting I do with my 4" K frame
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
I own a Gunfighter Kenai after borrowing one of those Diamond D Leather Guide Choice.  No doubt the Guide Choice is a well made holster but it it nowhere near as stable or comfortable as the Kenai.  I found the Kenai much better I keeping a big revolver from rocking and wiggling on my chest, especially when doing something active.  YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top