Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2018 5:36:49 PM EDT
I'm looking for a tactical holster with Level 2 Retention that would work with a Polymer 80 Glock 19 potentially with a light.

I'm building my first glock, Never had one, ordered the slide, polymer 80 kit, barrel, and trigger.

Would like to have a setup G2G when it's all done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Safariland 578 GLS
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish safariiland would make the 7ts for it. I emailed them and they have no intention of making one. They stick to mainstream popular models.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish safariiland would make the 7ts for it. I emailed them and they have no intention of making one. They stick to mainstream popular models.
View Quote
There’s going to be very, very little market for an 80% duty holster. It’s not worth having the molds made.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 2 while the gettin' was good.  BladeTech made them for awhile.  (1)Total Eclipse-19-P80-BLK and (1) Total Eclipse -19-P80-FDE.  Superb holsters, come complete with 3 different mounting system for IWB or OWB.  I think I paid $39 and $32 for them.

Poly 80 also has a list on their website of companies making holsters for them...
https://www.polymer80.com/holsters/
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There’s going to be very, very little market for an 80% duty holster. It’s not worth having the molds made.
View Quote
Yeah, I know. It was just a pipe dream that they would, as I consider my PF940c builds my best "combat/duty" pistols I've ever had (yes, even more so than my factory G19's).
Ugh... oh well. I still keep one factory G19 around, just for the SL 7ts belt slide holster I have (it's in my SHTF gear)! DAMN good holster! My favorite for OWB, non concealment, by far.

ETA: I just found out SL is now making these holsters for the Sig P365 (which I also have)?? Why would they make a duty holster for a micro/sub compact??
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#6]
The 7TS and the 578 are damn near identical.  I believe their construction is exactly the same.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA: I just found out SL is now making these holsters for the Sig P365 (which I also have)?? Why would they make a duty holster for a micro/sub compact??
View Quote
Safariland makes concealment holsters too.  Not JUST duty gear
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought their ALS holsters gripped the gun by the ejection port anyway.  You should be able to use one for a P80 gun.  I plan to buy one in the next month or so for my 19 sized P80, I will report back on how it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top