Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 6:29:42 AM EDT
I’m trying to carry appendix, but I am having issues with the gun leaning outwards above my belt. This is very uncomfortable but also causes printing issues. My belt is a Volund Atlas, so I don’t really think that’s the issue. I made a “wedge” for the back using some Velcro and a Dr Scholls Gel Heel insert, obv not the best solution, but regardless it hasn’t helped. Any advice? I know my holster isn’t the best, but I’m hesitant to buy a better one if this will continue to be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a T-Rex Arms "Raptor" holster. Has a little "wing" that tucks the holster tighter to the body to help reduce that issue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlindFaith429:
I use a T-Rex Arms "Raptor" holster. Has a little "wing" that tucks the holster tighter to the body to help reduce that issue.
View Quote

Thats not what he's refering too. Shorter holsters have this problem which is why some makers make holsters longer than they need to be. Add that with a pad of some sort usually helps.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m trying to carry appendix, but I am having issues with the gun leaning outwards above my belt. This is very uncomfortable but also causes printing issues. My belt is a Volund Atlas, so I don’t really think that’s the issue. I made a “wedge” for the back using some Velcro and a Dr Scholls Gel Heel insert, obv not the best solution, but regardless it hasn’t helped. Any advice? I know my holster isn’t the best, but I’m hesitant to buy a better one if this will continue to be an issue.
View Quote

Not an AIWB expert, but what holster? What gun? What is your body type? It may just be a matter of getting a different holster for your body type. May take some trial and error.

I have a ballistic belly and that causes some push out, after research and emails I ordered a JMCK as that was recommended highly for someone with my body type.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cameronswmp9:

Not an AIWB expert, but what holster? What gun? What is your body type? It may just be a matter of getting a different holster for your body type. May take some trial and error.

I have a ballistic belly and that causes some push out, after research and emails I ordered a JMCK as that was recommended highly for someone with my body type.
View Quote

The holster is one I got off amazon for cheap, just a single clip kydex, for a CZ P10C. I got it because I wanted to try appendix. And my body type I guess would be slim, I’m 6’2” and 190lbs. I have a wing on the holster, so the grip rotates very close to my body, but the grip still wants to lean out. I’m sure that the holster is part of the issue. I just didn’t want to spend $100 or so on another holster if I’m going to have the same issue. But I don’t think I’ve ever heard any complaints about JMCK
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure and get the holster for the fullsize P10. The added length will help prevent what you're talking about, I only use G17 or longer holster for my G19.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
JM custom. My G19 is invisible with it. Cheap holsters don’t work
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
2 things have seemed to help me - this is my first week carrying aiwb:

Holster is slightly longer than i thought it should be, now i know why - as previously mentioned it seems to help with flipping.  Xheck to see if your holster has multiple attachment points as you may be able to lower the ride hight which may help with flipping.  

My holster has a 'wing' which really pushes the grip in and the extra tension seems to keep it from moving at all.  Very secure.

Didnt think i was going to like it after years of 3:00 iwb carry but so far this is working out fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By epthunter:
 Cheap holsters don’t work
View Quote

This is the answer, as is most holsters. OWB you can get cheaper to work, but the more specialized it is, the less a cheap holster is going to work.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
AIWB isn't for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
AIWB isn't for everyone.
View Quote

This is the truth. However, even with the grip leaning out I still have an easier time concealing than I do at 3:00. Wintertime I’m all about OWB, but I haven’t been able to pull it off in a t shirt.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Your belt is the fulcrum.

If you have too much holster above the belt, without enough below the belt, what is above the belt will topple over. A wedge can counteract this, but it has its limits. If you have already tried a homemade wedge, I would adjust the ride height of the holster. If you have adjusted the ride height of the holster to the point you can no longer achieve a full firing grip and it is still toppling over the belt, you will benefit from acquiring a longer holster.

Depending on what firearm you have, there may be several options.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thats not what he's refering too. Shorter holsters have this problem which is why some makers make holsters longer than they need to be. Add that with a pad of some sort usually helps.
View Quote

Yep, my fullsize USP 45 and HK45 both conceal better in their AIWB holsters than my G30s AIWB. ..exact same issue...not enough holster below the belt on the G30.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Your belt is the fulcrum.

If you have too much holster above the belt, without enough below the belt, what is above the belt will topple over. A wedge can counteract this, but it has its limits. If you have already tried a homemade wedge, I would adjust the ride height of the holster. If you have adjusted the ride height of the holster to the point you can no longer achieve a full firing grip and it is still toppling over the belt, you will benefit from acquiring a longer holster.

Depending on what firearm you have, there may be several options.
View Quote

Came here to post this. OP drop the clips higher up on the holster so it sinks more of it inside your waistband. You only need enough room between the grip and your belt to get your hand in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top