BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 7:29:21 PM EDT
Anyone have both of these? Cant really decide on which one to get
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes

here is a comparison

https://freedomgorilla.com/blogs/news/holosun-509t-vs-eps-mrs#:~:text=The%20509T%20comes%20with%20an,an%20aluminum%20RMR%20adapter%20plate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both and prefer the smaller/lower EPS.  Both work well, though.

If you already have an optic cut on your slide, then that may be a factor.  EPS uses the same footprint as a 507k.  The 509t uses a clamp, but comes with an adapter plate for a 507C/RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:
I have both and prefer the smaller/lower EPS.  Both work well, though.

If you already have an optic cut on your slide, then that may be a factor.  EPS uses the same footprint as a 507k.  The 509t uses a clamp, but comes with an adapter plate for a 507C/RMR footprint.
View Quote

Whats the distortion/clarity like between the two?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had an early 509T, and two later 509TX2's. The clarity got better but the EPS is still a significant upgrade in the clarity department.

1632 battery in the 509X2 should last longer than the 1620 battery in the EPS if the circuitry is the same, and I assume the 509T cross bar mounting is stronger.

But the clarity and mount height resulted in me relegating my 509TX2 to a range gun. I have an EPS Carry on my P365 Macro, an EPS on my G19.5, and an ACRO P2 on my G45.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 0311mattp:

Whats the distortion/clarity like between the two?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top