Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2021 10:04:44 PM EDT
I’m feeling a little dumb right now.  Can anyone confirm if this is the correct plate to mount a 507kx2 on an XDM OSP
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Hollosun is Trijicon RMR footprint
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hollosun is Trijicon RMR footprint
View Quote

Not the 507k, that one utilizes the Shield RMS/RMSc footprint.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’m feeling a little dumb right now.  Can anyone confirm if this is the correct plate to mount a 507kx2 on an XDM OSP
View Quote

Hmm, it might fit the 407/507K as it states it fits the RMSc & Romeo Zero. I just bought an Elite OSP yesterday and ordered (freebie) the RMR plate. But now, I might have to pony up for this one too.

Problem is, the skyscraper sights on this pistol may be too tall to work with the micro 507K. I measured the front sight @ ~ .451"!! Dear GOD, that's tall.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Just an FYI, I ordered the shield baseplate, and it fit after 5 minutes of dremel work on the positioning studs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, I ordered the shield baseplate, and it fit after 5 minutes of dremel work on the positioning studs.
View Quote

Thanks for sharing. how's the little K2 fair with the stratosphere sights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually a pretty great combo.  Sight height works nicely, as the optic plate doesn’t put the sight very low.

Here’s a cropped pic of the gun held out at arm’s length with the camera back at about face distance to attempt to replicate the sight picture I see from a shooting stance.  Not a perfect pic but you get the idea.  Could have held the camera closer but it would have made the dot a big red blob.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually a pretty great combo.  Sight height works nicely, as the optic plate doesn’t put the sight very low.

Here’s a cropped pic of the gun held out at arm’s length with the camera back at about face distance to attempt to replicate the sight picture I see from a shooting stance.  Not a perfect pic but you get the idea.  Could have held the camera closer but it would have made the dot a big red blob.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117011/25E83330-187C-467D-B57C-183870A0B19A_jpe-1927564.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117011/25E83330-187C-467D-B57C-183870A0B19A_jpe-1927564.JPG

I have tried 2 OSP plates and neither worked. I bought both from Springfield directly. You can see in the above pic, that the plates are too wide for the 3.8 OSP version. THey overhang on both sides, as seen in the pic above. I would imagine they will release new plates for this version. I would hope so at least. I will wait for an appropriate plate. I am sure one is in the works from someone.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#8]
@Justin3

Nice. Glad to see it works.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn those sights are high! The dot looks good.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@Justin3

Nice. Glad to see it works.
View Quote

@MackDaddy1962

Forgot to mention-  in addition to dremeling down the positioning studs on the plate, I also had to shorten the mounting screws included with the optic by either 2 or 4mm, can’t remember which.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top