Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/29/2020 3:54:53 PM EDT
Just picked up a 2.0 shield and really like the size and ergos of it.  No idea why I never grabbed on before as I have 3 or 4 other M&Ps.  So I just want to hear from any of you that have high round counts on them anything over 4 - 5k?  
I know it is a small ccw gun but in short time that I have had it I really do enjoy shooting it.  With some compacts or micros it can be a chore to make yourself practice with it.  Not so here.  Anyway just wondering about the durability.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Same materials as any other M&P.  Don’t see why it would fall apart that much quicker.  There are so many Shields in the wild, I think we’d have heard about any durability problems.  Enjoy your gun!
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have the Shield9 1.0 but I ticked over 3500 rounds this year.  It gets roughly 100 rds every range visit 1-2 times a month.  I changed the recoil spring out at approx 3000 rds just for piece of mind because it sees time in my carry rotation.  That is the only part that I've replaced.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Shield9 1.0 since they came out.  Talon Grip sandpaper tape makes it even grippier than 2.0.  Zero defects.  HiViz FO front and rear.  Shot high with factory sights and shot high with HiViz FO set.  Lowered, read machined off, top of rear sight slightly.  Shoots POA=POI at 25 yards now with 115 grain Critical Defense.  Beyond 2000 rounds.  No wear, no changes.  Like 8 round mags way best.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just picked up a 2.0 shield and really like the size and ergos of it.  No idea why I never grabbed on before as I have 3 or 4 other M&Ps.  So I just want to hear from any of you that have high round counts on them anything over 4 - 5k?  
I know it is a small ccw gun but in short time that I have had it I really do enjoy shooting it.  With some compacts or micros it can be a chore to make yourself practice with it.  Not so here.  Anyway just wondering about the durability.  Thanks
View Quote

I don't know if it's considered "high" round count, but my Shield 1.0 has over 30k through it. I'm on my 3rd recoil spring. It's been a carry gun since new, being shot 2-3 times per week, also shot in matches. I carry with the 7 round mag in so that's the one I have shot with the most.  I have no complaints and mine has been flawless. I've had several gun store types tell me they all jam on aluminum case ammo, but mine never has. Mine is also completely stock except for a fiber optic front sight.

ETA: The mag release is NOT plastic / polymer on mine. It is steel. I didn't clean it for about a month and it rusted. I had to cycle every round out of the gun,and hammer the mag release to get the mag out. 100% my fault, just something to be mindful of.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
30k, id consider that ''high".  thanks for the report!

i love these things, ive been in and out of probably 6-9 of these things and never had an issue, not snappy, shoots like a laser bean (as my 5 yo says, lolz), no complaints, other than the onboard  capacity... but ya solve that by just carrying another..
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i love these things, ive been in and out of probably 6-9 of these things and never had an issue, not snappy, shoots like a laser bean (as my 5 yo says, lolz), no complaints, other than the onboard  capacity... but ya solve that by just carrying another..
View Quote

Regarding capacity, I've found that with the magutz +1 on the 8 round mags that I can fit 10 in.  So it's 10 +1 and still skinnier the 365. Or I run the the flat rounder with the MG +1 and have 8 +1 on board.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Regarding capacity, I've found that with the magutz +1 on the 8 round mags that I can fit 10 in.  So it's 10 +1 and still skinnier the 365. Or I run the the flat rounder with the MG +1 and have 8 +1 on board.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it drag your yoga pants down? Lol, j/k. I love mine, it's become my bedside gun, I find it easy to grab if something goes bump in the day. (night shifter here). Flat when I carry it, mags fit anywhere, good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Tactical Response uses Shields at their training sites and report they last & last without issue
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have approx 5 to 8k through my training shield 1.0 and no problems.  Not sure if that is high or not.

Only have about 500 to 1k through my carry shield, but still no problems. Also a 1.0.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
The gun shop / range I work at has a Gen 1 PC Shield that went about 50K before the slide cracked. S&W replace the slide and the gun is still running.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tactical Response uses Shields at their training sites and report they last & last without issue
View Quote

I would love to know the round count on those.... These are truly great little guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top