Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2022 8:28:11 PM EDT
Took this old Hi-Power in on trade.

Never had any interest in these, not quite sure what I have here.

I'm going to sell and have no idea what it's worth. Came with the one magazine and no case.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:37:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axl] [#1]
I'm no guru but its a chromed war time German occupation gun. Lots of GIs did that to their bring back guns. Called the Pistole 640(b). Before the chrome work if in good condition it would be in the $900 to $1500 range. As is - difficult to say. They always have had a good value. It has no collector value but a BHP is a damn fine handgun regardless. If you set a price let me know. Others here can help with that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Agree w/above.

Not an expert on those. The Hi-Power sub-forum at 1911forum.com has guys who know quite a bit; I've been getting some Hi-Power help there myself recently.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By axl:
I'm no guru but its a chromed war time German occupation gun. Lots of GIs did that to their bring back guns. Called the Pistole 640(b). Before the chrome work if in good condition it would be in the $900 to $1500 range. As is - difficult to say. They always have had a good value. It has no collector value but a BHP is a damn fine handgun regardless. If you set a price let me know. Others here can help with that.
View Quote

Agreed with above. The Germans made extensive use of the FN factory during the war. My great uncle picked one up that I now have. I have the capture papers on it. Unfortunately he had it bumper chromed similar to yours after the war. It would be a very expensive collector if it wasn’t for that. I would expect yours to be valued in the $800-1000 range in an auction these days. Everything hi power is expensive now.

It’s ironic that about 8 years ago I was arguing with a guy on these forums that a surplus hi power was a superior choice to a hi point 9mm. They were both priced about the same then. The times sure have changed.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top