Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2021 5:25:20 PM EDT
A few years back I got a FN marked Hi-Power and am looking to change a few parts out. What is recommended for quality (without breaking the bank) extended slide release, extended safety, decent wood/ faux wood grips and a round/commander hammer? Everywhere i've looked it seems this will cost $175+ just for the parts alone. Anywhere/anything I can get that is a bit cheaper? I still want to bring it to a local smith to polish it up and refinish it (it was previously refinished before I had gotten it and it looks not very good at all) and I don't want to be out hundreds of dollars on this project.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Cylinder and Slide also has the extended safety for $52 so cost for both is less than $100.  

If you're looking for affordable grips, these at $29 look pretty good

As far as finishing,CCR  does a good job, and they're offering a 20% holiday discount.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
The factory slabside panels are...terrible, honestly. They look "correct' but there's a reason every single aftermarket grip looks more sculpted...

C&S makes "drop in" hammer/sear kits but honestly they are not drop-in. The no-bite "drop in" kit I bought...it dropped in, and instantly added a good 4-5lb (not kidding) to the pull. The thumb safety took a little bit of fitting but it worked out pretty well.

Depending on what you want to do with the BHP...it might just be cheaper in the long run to send it to Novak's and get it worked over the way you want it to be done, all at once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top