Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2019 6:23:12 PM EDT
While not a true Browning Hi Power, I thought I'd post this in the Browning thread to showcase Don's work.

This pistol started life as a used but mostly unmodified PJK-9HP.  I sent it to The Action Works to have the feedramp polished, sear engagement cleaned up, new sights installed and a matte refinish.

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I had him build my hipower about 9 years ago. It’s my favorite pistol! Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had him build my hipower about 9 years ago. It’s my favorite pistol! Enjoy it!
View Quote
I didn't want to wrap a bunch of money into it since it isn't anything special. Or wasn't anything special prior. Now I'm kind of wishing I'd have had the mag well beveled and an extended ambi safety installed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I've debating sending him my FEG Hi-Power for a carry package.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice. I've debating sending him my FEG Hi-Power for a carry package.
View Quote
No reason not to from what I can see.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Im debating on sending him one for a "Steven Camp's #1" pistol.

A PJK like yours with adjustable S&W revolver K-frame sights, Hard Chrome finish, and extended thumb safety over the nub. Ramp work as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Im debating on sending him one for a "Steven Camp's #1" pistol.

A PJK like yours with adjustable S&W revolver K-frame sights, Hard Chrome finish, and extended thumb safety over the nub. Ramp work as well.
View Quote
I have an old Nazi marked gun I bought years ago.  Got it fairly cheap because it has been bumper chromed.  I always thought it would be fun to do sort of a "restomod" to it.  Add a S&W rear sight and a ramp front sight.  Make it look like something that would have been customized in the late-70s.

Link Posted: 3/22/2019 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I like it alot.

I love my FEG. Had some customes work done, too. Sights, trigger job and an extended thumb safety.

I just wish the grip frames were identical to a real Hi Power. I have a Browning Hi Power and the FEG. Both wear Spegal grips and the grip frames on the FEG is quite proud of the grips at the back while they are a perfect fit on my real Browning. Just a nit picky detail.for me.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Another photo to show off my Privateer leather gear.

Link Posted: 3/30/2019 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
According to a fellow on another forum, FEG is working on a new version of the Hi Power. It will be cut for an RMR and have suppressor height sights. It will also frame a frame rail.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to a fellow on another forum, FEG is working on a new version of the Hi Power. It will be cut for an RMR and have suppressor height sights. It will also frame a frame rail.
View Quote
Any update on this? I'd be up for it. An RMR cut BHP would be tits.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top