Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/9/2020 3:38:12 PM EDT
Hi - I have a used P7 that I am looking to value for potential sale.  I have looked at the usual online places and current prices range so significantly depending on model and condition.  I have tried to research what I have and determined that it is a P7 PSP (I think) but would greatly appreciate any other details any of the experts out there could provide.  As well as some indication of value.  I have attached some photos.  Thanks for your help!

Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that model is actually a PSP. It is a German police/military trade in that hit the US in 3 grades back in 2007. Yours looks like a B grade minimal wear. They were $509 wholesale back then (I bought 6 of them). In today's market a B grade is worth $1500+ on GB.

ETA: The 2 spare mags are worth $70-85 each.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh GunBroker:

If I'm looking to buy it, that's a $1500 gun.  If I'm looking to sell it, I'd have to wait five days for someone to give me $1000 for it; as a favor.

Link Posted: 1/9/2020 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
K Nills grips (w/HK logo) add an additional $150 to the package
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ahhh GunBroker:

If I'm looking to buy it, that's a $1500 gun.  If I'm looking to sell it, I'd have to wait five days for someone to give me $1000 for it; as a favor.

View Quote
The good and the bad of the internet. Unfortunately for me I only have 2 of the P7's left that I paid $500 for. But if I were selling it I'd ask what I would get on the net minus commission and a little more for the hassle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think that model is actually a PSP. It is a German police/military trade in that hit the US in 3 grades back in 2007. Yours looks like a B grade minimal wear. They were $509 wholesale back then (I bought 6 of them). In today's market a B grade is worth $1500+ on GB.

View Quote
I work for the distributor that sold all of those.  I just sold the one I kept for $2850 on Gunbroker about a year ago.  Standard P7 police trade in with stock grips.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I work for the distributor that sold all of those.  I just sold the one I kept for $2850 on Gunbroker about a year ago.  Standard P7 police trade in with stock grips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was that an exceptional price, or the norm. I fear the P7 is well out of my reach at this point.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You work for RSR? I think that is who I got mine through?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope, MGE Wholesale.  We were the company that brought in 4500 of the police trade in P7's ten years ago.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]
With the extra mags and the grips, you can sell it for $1600 easy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope, MGE Wholesale.  We were the company that brought in 4500 of the police trade in P7's ten years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then RSR got them from you?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

makes me wonder what my P7M13 is worth lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PiQcrUf.jpg
View Quote
The RSR guns were in 2007.  MGE brought in the last 4500 that were available and that was in 2010.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The RSR guns were in 2007.  MGE brought in the last 4500 that were available and that was in 2010.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/PiQcrUf.jpg
Lol, missed the ten years ago part.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice looking gun with some extras. The guns are valued much higher now than in the past 3-4 years and will go up but the problem comes with trying to find a buyer for it that will pay that high price. You might have better luck with a trade or partial trade. The box is definitely a bonus. I had a P7M8 Chantilly years ago and sold it as I could not shoot it that well. Nothing wrong with the gun. Now, I wish I would have kept it as they are just neat to have.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
makes me wonder what my P7M13 is worth lol
View Quote
Fired? Around $2800-3000 with 2-3 mags.

Unfired? Around $3200-3400.

I traded off my unfired P7M13 about a year ago for a couple of custom shop CZ's. I still have my P7M8 though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#17]
PW Arms also brought in a bunch of surplus p7s around the same time frame but they will be marked PW Arms.

When I was a HK distributor it was cheaper to buy a surplus p7 thru a wholesaler than direct from HK.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#18]
The Nil Grips and extra mags add a bit of value.   However, the slide looks like it has holster wear.

Based on the pics...$1,600-$1,750.

You should try your luck on Gunbroker.   Sometimes the sale prices get crazy when buyers getting into a bidding war.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:11:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Is there any value to a lower four digit serial number?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is there any value to a lower four digit serial number?
View Quote
Really probably only to the buyer. I see people ask premium money for a 1 or 2 digit Luger. They are not aware that they went 1 to 9999 and then started over adding a letter after. When they made 100,000 in a year you have lots of 1 and 2 digit guns!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top