Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2020 9:35:54 PM EDT
Years back I had a Springfield Champion in .45, SS and had rosewood grips, I think it was a 4" barrel and took full size 1911 mags....

Was a great pistol, almost certain it had a factory beavertail grip safety...

Does this pistol exist anymore?  (made anymore?)   Does full size (government) mags sold right?

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The Springfield Champion is a 4” barreled 1911.  Commander style which is a full size (Government) grip.

Springfield also made a EMP4 1911
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Springfield Stainless Steel Champion Loaded, I'd have to go look at the box for the actual designation.  Stainless commander sized gun with a ramped barrel, double-spring recoil spring, novak style sights, and rosewood grips.  Yes, they take standard GI mags, or GI sized mags.

Off to look at the actual designation.  SA doesn't make them anymore, but you can find them in the wild sometimes.

Model - PX9142L
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Springfield Stainless Steel Champion Loaded, I'd have to go look at the box for the actual designation.  Stainless commander sized gun with a ramped barrel, double-spring recoil spring, novak style sights, and rosewood grips.  Yes, they take standard GI mags, or GI sized mags.

Off to look at the actual designation.  SA doesn't make them anymore, but you can find them in the wild sometimes.

Model - PX9142L
View Quote

Yes it was called the Loaded model....Champion Loaded...shot very well and perfect balance.  Was almost an Officers size pistol with full size grip.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, still have mine from 2005?  Liked it so much I bought it a sister, the alloy framed version with the green frame and blued slide.  I've sold that one twice but gotten it back from the buyer both times when he got the itch for something else.  

The SS was my BUG for almost 3 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top