Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2018 3:55:53 PM EDT
My grandpa used to carry a .38 charter arms way back when. He had this little holster thing that i just cant find anywhere. It was an iwb leather loop basically. It had a belt clip went over into the pants for 2in into a leather loop which the barrel rested in. The loop was about the length of the barrel. Basically this loop hung inside the pants and just the barrel was covered. Anyone heard of this or what this style is called?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like a bad idea. Covering the trigger is important.

Nowadays, if you wanted that, I'd imagine you'll need to make it yourself because of this. Your next best option would be any one of the numerous kydex trigger guard holsters there are on the market. Example.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.

Glad it worked for your grandfather, but like StraightMiataMan said, it probably would not pass the safety muster in modern times.

I'd go for something a bit more substantial for revolver carry today. If you just want one for nostalgia purposes I would search "vintage holsters for sale" on gun sites and maybe eBay.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Going to agree with previous posters.... Just because grandpa did something stupid does not mean you should follow in his foot steps.  You pop that femoral artery and get an arterial bleed going and do not have a tourniquet on very fast.  You will be a goner before and ambulance can ever arrive to get you on the way to a hospital.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost sounds homemade, you might be able to find someone to make it or make it yourself

As far as safety, Barami Hip Grips still sell, and I wouldn’t be that worried about it if the trigger pull wasn’t too light
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If the revolver in question has a heavy double action, I don't see the issue with the holster OP describes.  It sounds like the trigger would be inside the beltline and not likely to be moved unless someone REALLY messed up.
I've used the Hipgrip type grips mentioned on a Jframe without any issues for a good while... I don't any longer as I found I can hide a Glock 19 in the same space these days.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Like this, just IWB?

Or was the loop vertical?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top