Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2021 1:25:14 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can order just the fiber piece itself. Or what size I need?

Stock red fiber sight with 3 holding points for the strand of fiber.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know the size but Ruger CS may be able to tell you..... or if ya have calipers you could measure.There are multiple vendors on Ebay for the stuff once you get the size thing settled Just went through this with a TC Omega muzzle loader.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#2]
About 98% sure that is a Williams Gun Sight sight product if factory or you bought it from Optics Planet or a major vendor.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About 98% sure that is a Williams Gun Sight sight product if factory or you bought it from Optics Planet or a major vendor.
View Quote

It was factory but after looking it up, it looks different then what Williams offers. It had 3 posts to hold the fiber. Looks like the Williams just has 2.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 2:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
https://dawsonprecision.com/fiber-optic-replacement-inserts-pre-bulbed/

Most of the sight manufacturers sell spare rods.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.  My 22/45 Lite sight is a two post Williams.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just call Ruger. They'll send you a replacement - probably a whole sight. Had a similar issue with my redhawk. They sent a complete set of new sights.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just call Ruger. They'll send you a replacement - probably a whole sight. Had a similar issue with my redhawk. They sent a complete set of new sights.
View Quote
It's worth it to have plenty of spares on hand. The fiber optic rods don't hold up long term if you actually use the gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If you can figure out the diameter, Amazon sells numerous different colors and lengths. Just cut’em to fit and install and you’re ready to go. Not expensive at all. Or as mentioned contact Ruger and they’ll likely send you what you need.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The fiber rods are a consumable part. Besides failing, they also dull. There is a couple common sizes. Measure the diameter of the hole with a drill bit and order replacement rod.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's worth it to have plenty of spares on hand. The fiber optic rods don't hold up long term if you actually use the gun.
View Quote

True.  
And if you get long rods you can cut them yourself.    I cut them a tad bit longer than needed.  Then melt the ends and smoosh them into a mushroom shape.  Holds them secure for just a tad bit longer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I just fill the hole with a toothpick and black it out.

Gets rid of the gimmicky fiber optic and gives you a traditional looking front sight like God intended!
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Some of us with a little age need the extra contrast of a brighter dot. I’m very fond of the FO front sight on my Springer RO elite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top