User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was all in on the P365 as I hadnt even heard of the Hellcat till a buddy told me to check it out before I bought a P365.

We ended up getting together and calling/driving to 8 different local stores till we found one that even had a Hellcat in stock, and too our luck they had the standard Hellcat, OSP, and P365 instock.

Didnt have a rental of both so I had to go with just feel.  The Hellcats slightly thicker grip and texture felt so much better than the Sig. So I ended up going with the OSP version. It was $550 before tax.

Heading to the range tomorrow so I can update with first thoughts post boom.

Ill be shooting a VERY wide range of ammo. For JHPs ill be shooting Crit def, Crit Duty, HST, Speer Gold, Winchest PDX1, a few others I picked up boxes for on sale that I cant remember, all in various weights.

As far as FMJ I have 115grain Winch White box, and Blazer 124grain. Likely will pickup some 147g FMJ on the way tomorrow.

Brings me to my only question for the OSP version for you experts.  I've never had a pistol with a red dot, still dont know how these plates work etc. Why is only the Sig RMRc and JPoint the options for this pistol? What is holding me back from using a Trijicon or Vortex? Is is a plate?

The gun can only run x red dot because? I am at a loss as I have never researched red dots and apologize for my ignorance.

Anywho. Ill update after my first range test tomorrow.
View Quote
Also, check out Keyhole Holsters, really happy with mine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Just ordered a Hellcat OSP from PSA for $530

I will probably grab a keyhole holster. Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like my Hellcat.

It's been completely reliable through 700rds of mixed ammo.  It's had no issues with anything.

It's now replacing my P320 X-Carry as my EDC.

Check out FalTac Holsters for your holster.  He's a local guy who makes fantastic holsters.  I've bought 5 or 6, and I've never seen the kind of detail he gets out of kydex.  He also makes holsters for several of the local PDs.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got my keyhole holster in today. Wow. I freaking hate it. Let me explain. It's not the holsters fault. It is actually made very well. It's because I ordered the optics compatible version. Because it has the cut out for a red dot, the clip sits very low. And because of that the pistol rides very high on the waste and just doesn't work well for me at all.

Maybe if I can find a J-hook of some sort. Something that drops the holster down into the pants more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
There are hooks you can get from a few sources. I picked up a pack from amazon that are comptac I believe. With that being said you may find that you can only drop the gun into your waistline so far until it hinders your grip.

Once my hellcat gets out of gun jail I think i'll try it in a desantis nemisis though a dot will likely interfere with that. I might try to make an IWB holster for it as I'll try to run a PL mini 2 on it as well. Or heck I may find that I hate it and sell it I suppose as I havent shot a hellcat yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw one of these in the LGS and like it but what is with the weird mounting footprint chosen for the red dot ready variant? What is the best option for it at the moment? Is there an adapter to fit the Holosuns/RMR footprint?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The RMR footprint is too wide. You'd give up the slimness. Holosun is releasing the 407 and 507k in May so you should be able to get a presumably quality dot shortly.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just got my keyhole holster in today. Wow. I freaking hate it. Let me explain. It's not the holsters fault. It is actually made very well. It's because I ordered the optics compatible version. Because it has the cut out for a red dot, the clip sits very low. And because of that the pistol rides very high on the waste and just doesn't work well for me at all.

Maybe if I can find a J-hook of some sort. Something that drops the holster down into the pants more.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20200303_154732_jpg-1300541.JPG
View Quote
I have the Non- optics compatible Keyhole for my Hellcat but it looks like both holsters ride the same.  I have been carrying mine daily for about 6 weeks and the ride height isn't an issue for me at all, it's comfortable all day.  Strange how it can be so different for each individual. I'm happy with mine but when my RMSc comes in I'm going to have to trim the area with the optic to make it work.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

My Shield RMSc finally arrived from England today.

I had to trim the Kydex a bit to accommodate the Shield but other than that I love the set-up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
FINALLY got my Hellcat today. Talk about a long wait.

Guess it's a blessing in disguise. While I was waiting I learned two things.  First, I learned of Tier 1 AIWB holsters, which seem legit, and well liked. I ordered one.  I also learned that Holosun is coming out with a micro RDS that should fit the Hellcat (albeit with a little extra milling).  I wasn't too impressed with what I've read/seen on the RMSc or Romeo Zero so not sure I'd want either of those for a carry optic.  The 507k seems about perfect...even perfecter if they release one in green.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Took my Hellcat out today for the first time... I LOVE IT. Its is my favorite pistol as of now. My only gripe is the mag release. I am looking for an extended one. Multiple times today I ended up hitting the mag release while firing (yes my grip has some of the blame) but its not full blame.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Preordered the 507k today. Figured I’d try the red for now and I can upgrade to the green later if it’s ever released.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure about you guys, but nobody in my area has the Hellcats in stock.    Eight months ago, my neighbor found one, shot 2,000 rounds through it and sold it for $600 USED just when things started to shut down.  Not sure if things are still that crazy out there.

Anyway, if you are still looking for one, V1Tactical has one in stock with free shipping (HC9319B) for $569.

https://v1tactical.com/product/springfield-armory-hellcat-9mm/

Wish I didn’t love my custom G43 so much.....
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
You can get the regular Hellcat for $499.99, the OSP is $539.99.

Hellcat
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I paid $549 + tax for my OSP at my LGS. Cheaper than I could get it online once you consider transfer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my Optics Ready Hellcat today for $549 at Dunhams Sporting Goods.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got my Optics Ready Hellcat today for $549 at Dunhams Sporting Goods.
View Quote

Nice score! What optic you going to go with? I'm waiting for the 507k to come in...I placed a pre-order on OP forever ago...
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nice score! What optic you going to go with? I'm waiting for the 507k to come in...I placed a pre-order on OP forever ago...
View Quote

Not sure yet. I've never put an optic on a handgun yet so I'll just keep it stock. That is untill my wife and I take it out on its first day at the range and break it in.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I put approximately 150 rounds through our brand new Hellcat. Excellent accuracy and handling. LOVE the sights that come with it. Able to hit steel at 25 yards no problem. We put 125 rounds of Winchester white box through it and about 25 or more rounds of defensive ammo. Not one hiccup! We shot the 124 gr Sig Sauer hollow points, the 124 gr Hornady hollow points and the 115 gr Hornady Critical Defense ammo. The Sig ammo was the 'snappiest', followed by the Hornady 115 gr Critical Defense with the Hornady 124 gr hollow points being the mildest. All three shot good and I have decided on carrying the Hornady 115 gr Critical Defense. Very, very happy with this handgun!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]
My mom bought one today and brought it by. Like everything about it but the trigger guard hits my finger  weirdBut everything else I like about it. Ready to shoot it some
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Almost bought an FDE Hellcat for $579 from GS I stumbled on while on the road for work. Decided to pass as I didn’t want that color. Hellcats are unobtainable around here unless you get lucky. On the way home I called another shop I would pass and they just got in two OSPs in black. Deal in my book at $529. Saved $50 and got my color.

Thinking of getting the crossbreed holster they offer in their website for a mild discount.

Stopped in Sportsman’s Wharehouse to try to find a pocket holster and that had a new Blackhawk model (with their proprietary sticky material) that fit just fine.

The gun fits my cargo pocket In my shorts doesn’t spin around. It could work for waistband but I don’t love an unattached holster in general but will work for short trip.

I opted for the minimal baseplate on the short mag to keep it as small as possible.

It’s pretty amazing what they can offer in the size. It was between the Sig 365 and this one but the Hellcat felt better and one more round sealed the deal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Picked up a Hellcat OSP w/ SMSc Yesterday, Looking Forward to Hitting the Range later in the week.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#23]
My 507k came in the other day and its great! I got a basic sight in and so far so good. With the dot this is in terrible danger of replacing my G19 for edc. I'm looking forward to really putting it through its paces and starting to carry it.

One hangup for those looking at the 507k is it only has 2 protusion holes for the lugs in the slide(not the screw holes, pop an OSP plate and you'll see it). The Hellcat has 4. So the hellcat got a haircut and the 507k is on. Worth it but would have liked to not have had to do surgery. That said, this has completed a very nice carry piece.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My 507k came in the other day and its great! I got a basic sight in and so far so good. With the dot this is in terrible danger of replacing my G19 for edc. I'm looking forward to really putting it through its paces and starting to carry it.

One hangup for those looking at the 507k is it only has 2 protusion holes for the lugs in the slide(not the screw holes, pop an OSP plate and you'll see it). The Hellcat has 4. So the hellcat got a haircut and the 507k is on. Worth it but would have liked to not have had to do surgery. That said, this has completed a very nice carry piece.
View Quote

You only had to cut two studs off the hellcat to get it to fit? I was told more extensive milling would be needed. Interesting...
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a Springfield Hell Cat OSP  9mm and I love this little micro-compact pistol in fact I think its the KING of the micro compacts it's my EDC.
replacing the full-size XDM OSP 9mm. But I wish now I never purchased a Springfield period, Their CEO is a left-wing Anti Trump democrat supporting the left's agenda to keep gun dealers from being licensed in their State of ILLINOIS. Taurus has come out with a cheaper just as good model  Taurus G3c Compact Pistol that can give the Little HELL Cat a run for its money and DeThrown Springfield Armory. I just may dump my Hell Cat in a Trade for a Taurus G3c Compact Pistol.

https://youtu.be/rAGxE-CtZH0

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You only had to cut two studs off the hellcat to get it to fit? I was told more extensive milling would be needed. Interesting...
View Quote
Yes Sir, a couple of minutes with the dremel, oxpho-blued what was underneath and Bob was my proverbial uncle. I tried going with a file but the coating isnt soft so my semi pro dremeling got it level. It sits flush and is zero'd so I'd say thats all that is required. I cant imagine much more milling as you can see the spring for what is likely the extractor under the RMR plate so you arent going any deeper.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I finally saw a Hellcat in the flesh today.  We have two gun shops in town, one has good prices and virtually zero inventory.  The other sells a lot of higher priced guns and has a decent inventory (of expensive guns).  Today shop #2 had two Hellcats, neither were OSP one with a front night sight, one with a front fiber optic sight.  Same price, which I thought was odd.  I bought the night sight version.  

I have meaty hands and many small pistols don’t work for me, I’ve got the slide bite scars to prove it.  I’ve got one of the Vickers G43’s and if this Hellcat shoots well for me, the G43 will be going down the road.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I finally saw a Hellcat in the flesh today.  We have two gun shops in town, one has good prices and virtually zero inventory.  The other sells a lot of higher priced guns and has a decent inventory (of expensive guns).  Today shop #2 had two Hellcats, neither were OSP one with a front night sight, one with a front fiber optic sight.  Same price, which I thought was odd.  I bought the night sight version.  

I have meaty hands and many small pistols don’t work for me, I’ve got the slide bite scars to prove it.  I’ve got one of the Vickers G43’s and if this Hellcat shoots well for me, the G43 will be going down the road.
View Quote

I had the G43 and now have the Hellcat.   I was NOT a fan of the G43 and I really like the Hellcat.   Please let us know what your opinion is once you have had a chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#29]
I too had a G43 and shot it well, as long as I had a Houge "Handall Jr" on it. For such few rounds it did not make sense to keep it. I sold it to a local Police Officer (for off duty use) for a hell of a good deal. I had put Trijicon HD night sights (Lime front) on it and let him have it for $380. I have good sized hands and my Shield always feels too narrow for me, but my Hellcat fills my hand. I really like the stippling job and the sights are my favorite of any pistol that I have or had. I bought it for deep cover and having 11+1 in the pistol and 13 in my spare mag holster works well for me. People say that it is snappy, I don't feel that it is "extra snappy" compared to other small pistols. And if I "ever" have to pull it to defend mine or my families lives, I do not think I will even notice. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a Springfield Hell Cat OSP  9mm and I love this little micro-compact pistol in fact I think its the KING of the micro compacts it's my EDC.
replacing the full-size XDM OSP 9mm. But I wish now I never purchased a Springfield period, Their CEO is a left-wing Anti Trump democrat supporting the left's agenda to keep gun dealers from being licensed in their State of ILLINOIS. Taurus has come out with a cheaper just as good model  Taurus G3c Compact Pistol that can give the Little HELL Cat a run for its money and DeThrown Springfield Armory. I just may dump my Hell Cat in a Trade for a Taurus G3c Compact Pistol.

https://youtu.be/rAGxE-CtZH0

View Quote

Have you made it out of your uTubbie basement yet to shoot anything you uTubbie reviews about?

I have as below:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Hellcat-Shooting-The-Gun-Ammo-Selections-and-Impressions/34-194968/
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I picked up the Hell cat OSP about 2 weeks ago I did get to run some different ammo Win , Fed, Tula , I also have a case of the new Win 115 flat tip 1182 code its hot stuff its the new GI stuff . the Hellcat was a little dirty not many rounds yet but did not like the flat tip Win 115.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Finally got word that my 507k is shipping.  Only a 5 month wait.

Then the Hellcat OSP and optic are off to Wright Armory for a Norton Special treatment and milling for the optic. Sounds like just a hair of machining is required to get it to fit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it just me? I love the gun on paper but can't shoot it accurately worth a damn, after 300 rounds of FMJ plus an 11+1 mag of 124 HST, this is through two separate range trips. At the range the other day, after getting frustrated, I pulled my CCW Glock off my hip and put the rounds where I wanted them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry, it shoots and handles almost as well as a 3.6” MP9 2.0 or my Glock 26/19.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Hellcat-Shooting-The-Gun-Ammo-Selections-and-Impressions/34-194968/

Does it have more recoil, yes, incrementally.  But not that much more.  No worse than a Shield9 and way more pleasant than a Ruger LCP.

Either the short or long mag works well.  My 2X glove hands like the 13 round mag better.  The first five rounds off the top of13+1 = 14 are pleasant.  The last five, not so.

Through 50’ above or 25 yards below, it shoots.  

Mine has a heavier trigger pull, but breaks crisper, than either the MP9 or any stock Glock.

I have no advice, but it is damn shootable.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#35]
The Hell Cat I just got shoots pretty good for a small gun , the only glitch I had was gun was dirty and I tried some new Win 1182 flat tip 115 GI ammo and they hung up a few times , I cleaned the gun good but did not again yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Waiting on my Tan OSP ordered from scheels two months ago. I see they are going for $799 now on gunbroker
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Got the 507k today.  They actually sent me a first gen vs. the new "X2" that was released in lieu of the Trijicon lawsuit.

Interesting.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Got the 507k today.  They actually sent me a first gen vs. the new "X2" that was released in lieu of the Trijicon lawsuit.

Interesting.  
View Quote

What did you order, Gen1 or Gen2?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What did you order, Gen1 or Gen2?
View Quote

I ordered it the day Optics Planet started accepting pre orders for the gen 1, before news of the lawsuit even broke.

They then sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying because of the lawsuit they couldn’t fulfill my order and were swapping it for an X2.

Then this G1 showed up.

It’s already sent out. Sent the Hellcat and 507k off to get some milling done and to give the Hellcat an NP3+ finish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I ordered it the day Optics Planet started accepting pre orders for the gen 1, before news of the lawsuit even broke.

They then sent me an email a couple weeks ago saying because of the lawsuit they couldn’t fulfill my order and were swapping it for an X2.

Then this G1 showed up.

It’s already sent out. Sent the Hellcat and 507k off to get some milling done and to give the Hellcat an NP3+ finish.
View Quote

Is your the OSP model, and where did you send it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is your the OSP model, and where did you send it?
View Quote

I sent it to Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ. They are the ones that picked up where Robar left off when Robar closed down last year in terms of NP3 Finishing.

Yeah, it's the OSP model. Only the JPoint and Shield RMSc fit without any additional milling necessary.  The 507k (and likely the RMRcc) will need very minor additional milling. For the 507k, there are only two recoil lug sockets (on the front) and the sockets are slightly shallower than the lugs are tall, so they need a little trim.  The rear lugs on the slide need removed all together.  You could probably do it with a dremel and a steady hand or a drill press, but I wasn't taking any chances and I was sending it to them regardless for finishing, so I'd rather have the pros do it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I have my fingered crossed that the v2 407/507k will have the rear sockets drilled out as well. My next gun will be a 48 MOS or a hellcat OSP but I want to run a 407k.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have my fingered crossed that the v2 407/507k will have the rear sockets drilled out as well. My next gun will be a 48 MOS or a hellcat OSP but I want to run a 407k.
View Quote

I doubt they change that as there was no need driving such a change. They needed to get the optics shipped ASAP as they were already months behind as it was due to the Trijicon redesign that was forced on them. I don’t see them changing recoil lug socket geometry.

It’s a simple fix really.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#44]
And I was just complaining and ITS HERE!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And I was just complaining and ITS HERE!!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333476/HELLYO_jpg-1594334.JPG
View Quote

Good looking pistol, mine will eat everything that I have fed it. It also shares holsters with my P365 perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I got a hellcat last week and I’m really enjoying the size. Feels like half the size of my G26.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Though Id get in here and post mine. So far really enjoying this pistol.

OSP
Hyve mag extensions with Dragon Grips added (brings both mags to 14)
Hyve extended mag release

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Though Id get in here and post mine. So far really enjoying this pistol.

OSP
Hyve mag extensions with Dragon Grips added (brings both mags to 14)
Hyve extended mag release

https://i.imgur.com/elbkGBh.jpg
View Quote

Gorgeous and nicely modded, thanks for sharing.

Did the 507k fit plug and play or did you have to do any modifications? Do the irons cowitness if the optic goes down?
What was the level of install and tools needed to install the Hyve extended mag release?

Thanks for any insight and feedback for the above,
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Gorgeous and nicely modded, thanks for sharing.

Did the 507k fit plug and play or did you have to do any modifications? Do the irons cowitness if the optic goes down?
What was the level of install and tools needed to install the Hyve extended mag release?

Thanks for any insight and feedback for the above,
View Quote

Thanks.

The 507k requires you to file down the nubs under the plate. They line up, but the dimensions of the nubs them selves are off. I used a dremel and some flat black paint for the bare spots. Took all of 5 min to do. And yes! The sights do co-wittness, although just barely.

As for the hyve parts, the only tricky part is the installing mag catch without scratching it up. I have found these Picks to be invaluable when installing accessories in to hand guns.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks.

The 507k requires you to file down the nubs under the plate. They line up, but the dimensions of the nubs them selves are off. I used a dremel and some flat black paint for the bare spots. Took all of 5 min to do. And yes! The sights do co-wittness, although just barely.

As for the hyve parts, the only tricky part is the installing mag catch without scratching it up. I have found these Picks to be invaluable when installing accessories in to hand guns.
View Quote

Much appreciated sir, I will look into these mods and see if I’m able to perform the tasks.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top