Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/25/2019 11:42:01 AM EDT
Didn’t even know it was in the works. Received an email from Springfield introducing the new pistol, an aim at the P365. Even has the forward angled flat trigger.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it is almost exactly the same size as the P365, so, if it functions, it's a win.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good except I hate the top serrations on the non red dot version.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Price looks bad...really bad.  Sub $400, this thing wins the market.  $500+ from a Croatian company.   No F'ing way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the size of an XDs with the capacity of an XDm Compact. Sounds like a win to me. I currently carry and XDs in the summer and XDm in the winter but this might be a good year round option. I think the RDS looks great on it too, and cowitnesses, or at least still allows the use of irons.

I'd pay $500 for it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#5]
So any idea when these may be in the LGSs and/or distributors?
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Springfield was saying about a week on Facebook. They probably just started shipping yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Springfield was saying about a week on Facebook. They probably just started shipping yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope my LGS puts one in the rental counter. I'd love to try one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Guncrafer is making a 1911 called the "Hellcat" , I think there will be a lawsuit and Springfield will end up changing the name.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It seems that SA and a lot of internet reviews are calling this a micro but IMO there are others that are smaller (i.e. PM/CM9, PC9 etc.). IMO the Hellcat is more of a sub-compact like the 365 and G26.

My .02
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It seems that SA and a lot of internet reviews are calling this a micro but IMO there are others that are smaller (i.e. PM/CM9, PC9 etc.). IMO the Hellcat is more of a sub-compact like the 365 and G26.

My .02
View Quote
To be fair with most marketing the term “sub-compact” usually implies a chopped doublestack. To me a micro is something that either is a single stack or compares in dimension against them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 6:50:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:IMO the Hellcat is more of a sub-compact like the 365 and G26.

My .02
View All Quotes
Quoted:IMO the Hellcat is more of a sub-compact like the 365 and G26.

My .02
The P365 and G26 are not even in the same universe.

The P365 is smaller than a G43, Shield, PPS, etc.

It is the size of the single stacks (smaller than most of them) but with 10 rounds.

It is closer to the size of a PM9 than any of those single stacks listed.

This Hellcat is essentially the same size as the 365, and is also smaller in volume than the G43, Shield, PPS etc.

There are still many people who don't seem to understand the P365 size and the new category it created, now joined by the Hellcat.

The PM9 is indeed the smallest and kind of on its own in that size. Saying that, though, the 365 and Hellcat get closer to it than guns with 6 rounds. That's impressive.

Quoted:

To be fair with most marketing the term “sub-compact” usually implies a chopped doublestack. To me a micro is something that either is a single stack or compares in dimension against them.
This

Some pics:

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Brownells is taking pre-orders.

Standard: $500

Optics Ready: $530

So no savings over buying a SIG P365
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Brownells is taking pre-orders.

Standard: $500

Optics Ready: $530

View Quote
ridiculous pricing for a Croatian built gun...
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work at a Springfield distributor.  We received our first (fairly small) shipments of Hellcats today.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Price looks bad...really bad.  Sub $400, this thing wins the market.  $500+ from a Croatian company.   No F'ing way.
View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
ridiculous pricing for a Croatian built gun..
View Quote
Croatia is not a third world country, hell it's nicer than ours.

The P320 and P365 have multiple MIM parts from India, but I guess if you assemble those into other American parts that's better than being completely made in an advanced European arms factory?

And the prices online are about ~$465 for standard and ~$500 for optics ready (when both come into stock).

So, less than p365 when it came out (and now), which was going for $530+ the first couple months. Pretty great intro prices imo

Not that it has to be less anyway, the quality is no different (maybe even better in some ways), and the features are the same (or superior).

Perhaps people are just spoiled now. Great night sight, optics cut, flat trigger, nickel boron plated trigger group etc

Meanwhile a Glock43 is ~$420 .... there's something to do "eye bulge emoji" about.

The haters and ignorance gets old
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#17]
TYM compares the Hellcat to the SIG P365 SAS. YMMV:

TYM Destroys the Springfield Armory Hellcat!...(SIG P365 SAS Much Better Gun)

My beef with the Hellcat is that it has a big tall honking slide with not very much uh, "grip zone" underneath. Personally not for me.

HS is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility please don't make it out to be something out of Borat's  Kazakhstani village. (actually filmed in Romania)
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Reviews comparing two guns by a person who has neither one are always the most useful reviews.

It's even dumber because the Hellcat is overall .3" shorter, so you can put on the provided pinky extension to improve the grip and still be at the same overall height as the 365, and still be +1

In addition, he makes a huge deal about the ~2mm difference in slide height, but then plays down the ~4mm+ difference in beaver tail-to-slide distance. He stated at the beginning he hates Springfield, it's clear that bias has influenced him.

He's right about the image being tilted forward, which affects the lining up of the guns, but that's about it.

There are trade offs and pluses and minuses with both guns.

When the 365 came out and had numerous problems out of the gate everyone was slamming it, and many still are regarding "primer drag". Yet now it's the gold standard? lol

I have never seen to much angry butthurt about a gun that's not even released.

I was hardly interested before but seeing all this just makes me want to buy one because I dislike all the retards skreeching.

PS the SAS 365 is retarded, you can't even see half of what you're aiming at, and time is lost locating the dot in the circle before you can even aim it accurately. There's a reason that sight has never taken off, because the universal take away is it's slower and worse.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucA9jcBwx-8

My beef with the Hellcat is that it has a big tall honking slide with not very much uh, "grip zone" underneath. Personally not for me.

HS is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility please don't make it out to be something out of Borat's  Kazakhstani village. (actually filmed in Romania)
View Quote
That moron will buy one and reverse his opinion. He talks about how they're built and what-not without ever holding one. He does it all the time in videos and forums (where he no longer posts because people find him annoying) and then ends up buying one.

ETA: I'll definitely check one out when they hit the stores, wait for user reviews and then find one for a good price online if I'm still interested.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#20]
If these function without issues,these will definitely be a real competitor for the Sig. I wanted to get a Sig p365 but after all of the horror stories I have read about and witnessed a couple personally, I will not get one ever. I know there are horror stories on many pistols but the 365 seems to have quite a few more than most. I can't see spending $500.00 on a pistol, hoping you get a good one. I was definitely disappointed when they came out and learned how many people had to return them to Sig. I have had a few Springfield pistols over the years and have yet to have one fail me. I still have one I bought used and it is an amazing shooter.

People complain about their politics, which I agree were screwed up, but other manufacturers did the same thing. S&W comes to mind easily but you don't hear people complaining about them as much. The XD line of pistols just work and to me, they have one of the most ergonomic grips on a pistol. I have a couple other brands of guns but like the XD line as well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 10:16:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That moron will buy one and reverse his opinion. He talks about how they're built and what-not without ever holding one. He does it all the time in videos and forums (where he no longer posts because people find him annoying) and then ends up buying one.

ETA: I'll definitely check one out when they hit the stores, wait for user reviews and then find one for a good price online if I'm still interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucA9jcBwx-8

TYM says dumb shit more often than he doesn’t say dumb shit. I don’t have any particular brand loyalty when it comes to carry guns. I want it to work, shoot well, and hold the most bullets possible relative to its size. I love my 365 for this reason, but I’m very interested in seeing how the Hellcat pans out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#22]
This is supposed to be a p365 killer. Doesn’t look too bad honestly. Can’t wait to try one out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I handled one in a LGS thursday. I liked it. It felt solid, the trigger felt ok and that little 13 round magazine was a pleasant surprise.
We will see how the reviews go by people who actually have bought one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I gotta go by the LGS since I can’t seem to find one yet to order (<—FFL) I wanted to get an idea about these grips they are talking about.

I’m sure there will be some price gouging same as the p365 had for a while.

I also will wait to actually use it as my EDC until a “second gen” comes out, if one does. But I do want to try and use it as an EDC which I wanted to do with the p365 but decided not to cuz of the issues. My PF-9 (shut up) has been outstanding for several years now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I have one on order from Palmetto, it should be here by Friday. Let's see how this goes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I gotta go by the LGS since I can’t seem to find one yet to order (<—FFL) I wanted to get an idea about these grips they are talking about.

I’m sure there will be some price gouging same as the p365 had for a while.

I also will wait to actually use it as my EDC until a “second gen” comes out, if one does. But I do want to try and use it as an EDC which I wanted to do with the p365 but decided not to cuz of the issues. My PF-9 (shut up) has been outstanding for several years now.
View Quote
I'm looking forward to handling one myself. I have a PF-9 I use as my CCW as well. It's been perfectly reliable and it seems to have a great trigger when compared to the PF-9 I had years ago.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Last Friday I checked one out with a friend, along with a 365, G43, and G43X.

The Hellcat felt the best of all of them filling the palm area without gaps or extra girth.

The Hellcat had the best trigger by far, as well as clearly the best sights. The big tritium dot was extremely easy to see and it was easy to a line it with the front.

My friend got the Hellcat after evaluating the other three.  No range reports yet though.

I don't know why SA is calling it a micro compact because it's nowhere near a micro size.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Well sold my carry XDS and XDM, to fund a Hellcat + RMSc. Waiting for them to come in stock online. Went to the Local Scheels and they told me they wait 2-3 months to even try to order new guns. Wtf. Guess I’m carrying the Muddy Girl SR22 for awhile. No shame.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is closer to the size of a PM9 than any of those single stacks listed.
View Quote
I have a PM9 and checked out a Hellcat last week, and the PM9 is noticeably smaller.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Got my hands on a hellcat about a week ago, and I'm in love!  13+1 in this small of a gun AND it's reliable (unlike my jam-happy Sig P365XL I bought a month ago).

I have all of the compacts and micro compacts, and the Hellcat is just a winner.  I've shot over 300 rounds and it feeds EVERYTHING.  My most recent EDC was a 9mm Shield, just a super reliable gun.  Before that was a Glock 26.  I also own a Glock 43 and my wife carries a 43X and would carry the 43 when I wanted something just a tad bit smaller.

And for the record, I am NOT a Springfield Armory guy.. never really considered a SA gun before in the past, just no interest in the brand.  Now I'm looking to buy the Optics model in addition to my current non-optics model.. love the gun that much (lol).
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:57:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Where is everyone finding this thing? I can't find it anywhere...looking for an OSP online. Anybody seen those yet in the wild?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Where is everyone finding this thing? I can't find it anywhere...looking for an OSP online. Anybody seen those yet in the wild?
View Quote
The LGS where I checked out a standard Hellcat said the OSPs were coming.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#33]
My local shop had one on friday and i snagged it for $509.00 now i have to wait 7-10 days i hate washington.

Link Posted: 10/30/2019 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Brownells now has them on pre-order for $460 shipped with code PKE.
https://gun.deals/product/preorder-springfield-hellcat-3-micro-compact-9mm-131-46999-shipped-after-code-pkc

ETA: For some reason, the URL shows code PKC
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm really getting tired of waiting for the OSP. It's super annoying when a company releases something they have faith will be a hit and they are unavailable for a month or more after the announced availability date...
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Picked mine up yesterday. Haven't shot it yet. Anyone know if any of the Hogue Handalls work reasonably well on these?
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 9:35:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm really getting tired of waiting for the OSP. It's super annoying when a company releases something they have faith will be a hit and they are unavailable for a month or more after the announced availability date...
View Quote
I work for a Springfield distributor.  We have shipped plenty of Hellcat OSP's to dealers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I work for a Springfield distributor.  We have shipped plenty of Hellcat OSP's to dealers.
View Quote
@jagdkommando where is there a gun distributor in MI???
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@jagdkommando where is there a gun distributor in MI???
View Quote
I live in Michigan, about 15 miles North of South Bend, Indiana.  There is a firearm distributor in South Bend, MGE Wholesale.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Scheels, Brownells, KyGunCo, Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore, etc...all have yet to be in stock. Been on waiting lists since day 1. Been over a month now. They must be hard to find because the very few on GB have been selling for huge premiums.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:37:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The other day I saw some in stock on GrabaGun. I don't know if they still have them.

Still wishing/hoping they offer a version with manual safety.
View Quote
Well I see that Midway and Omaha both have them in stock...but I’m not paying $560 when they are less than $500 at KyGunCo. Guess I’ll keep waiting so I don’t get raked over the coals.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I will wait and get one after they have been out awhile
I  want to see if there are any problems that pop up before I buy
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:06:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Picked my iron sight version up today from my FFL, I am very impressed with this little pistol. It feels like a much larger gun in my hands, where as my Shield always felt too skinny. The build quality is very nice, cleaned it but did not get to shoot it. Springfield did a lot of extra things like polishing the feed ramps and internals. The grip is very solid without feeling too grippy. It fits great in my Shield holsters and I took my Fist #1AK that I had for a previous G26, heated it, and reshaped to fit. The sights are perfect for me, I have always preferred the Lime green front sights, and the U-Notch makes for very quick target acquisition. This will replace my Shield v2.0 and my G43 for EDC, with the extra rounds and a pistol that feels so good in my hands, Springfield hit this one out of the park.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 7:43:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
SpringfieldHS Produkt did a lot of extra things like polishing the feed ramps and internals.  SpringfieldCroatians hit this one out of the park.
View Quote
FIFY
Springfield did nothing but import it
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Picked my iron sight version up today from my FFL, I am very impressed with this little pistol. It feels like a much larger gun in my hands, where as my Shield always felt too skinny. The build quality is very nice, cleaned it but did not get to shoot it. Springfield did a lot of extra things like polishing the feed ramps and internals. The grip is very solid without feeling too grippy. It fits great in my Shield holsters and I took my Fist #1AK that I had for a previous G26, heated it, and reshaped to fit. The sights are perfect for me, I have always preferred the Lime green front sights, and the U-Notch makes for very quick target acquisition. This will replace my Shield v2.0 and my G43 for EDC, with the extra rounds and a pistol that feels so good in my hands, Springfield hit this one out of the park.
View Quote
I had the same impressions when I checked one out ~2.5 weeks ago.

While Springfield imports these from Croatia Springfield works closely with HS Produkt to address the wants/needs of the US market.  So contrary to what some believe, SA just doesn't import the XD/XDm/XDS/Hellcat etc. lines without being seriously involved in the development/evolution of these pistols.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

FIFY
Springfield did nothing but import it
View Quote
Who the hell cares! This is a damn fine pistol that replaced my G43 and G26. I am very happy with my purchase, YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Couple guys at work got em and love them so far. The LEO pricing is coming in 30$ under a P365.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Anybody know if you can get adapter plates anywhere that allows you to mount, say, an RMR?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top