Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2020 11:52:02 AM EDT
I think these have been out for a while now, what is the verdict? reliable?
I handled one at the fun store the other day and I actually really liked it. I saw a video of the trigger if pulled at a slight angle wouldn't pull but I could not replicate it in the store.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine eats everything I feed it. I tried to replicate the trigger issue but could not. If worried, Apex make a trigger for it.

20K round test
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine eats everything I feed it. I tried to replicate the trigger issue but could not. If worried, Apex make a trigger for it.

20K round test
View Quote

well since I messed with that one at the store I cant stop thinking about it. I want to get a good micro carry gun and i really loved it.
I have and XDM sub and an xd-9. The XDM just too big for me to conceal carry, sitting is a huge issue.
thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry one every day. I haven’t noticed a problem with the trigger but I only have around 500 rounds through it so far.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Love mine
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
the fun store wants to trade 20k primers for one. Not sure that's a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Love mine, shoots very accurate for me too. I have very large hands and it fits them well. 600 rounds and has been perfect so far.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Hellcat-Shooting-The-Gun-Ammo-Selections-and-Impressions/34-194968/
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not a good deal in my opinion
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
$800+ of primers, maybe $1000, is twice a $500 gun.  R I P O F F
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With primers selling for $60 per 1k, terrible deal.  If they'd do it for 10k, and you only paid $35 per 1k, still not a great deal for a $500 gun.  Personally, I've got about 30k of primers that I paid $35 or less per 1k for, and the only people that are getting any of my stash are close friends who are out of stock.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent gun after trigger replacement. I replicated the sideways pressure= unable to pull scenario with my very first dry fire. Instead of filing away at the oem trigger, I upgraded to an apex plus prp kit. Wonderful trigger now and the whole not firing thing is no longer an issue.

Just make sure your gunsmith installs the slide lock spring back properly. If not, you'll have the slide lock back every couple rounds and tap and rack won't help you. Slide lock release was the only way once you had that issue, but once I got home and figured out the spring went under instead of over... The gun is 100% functional.

That all sounds really bad for a brand new gun... But you could have all the reliability you need with proper trigger upgrade. Tack on another $100 for the trigger for true cost of a badass gun.

Combine with the 507k RDS and you're golden. Very small profile. Almost the same size as my p938, just very slightly longer with almost double the capacity. Hyve mag extension is inbound, looking forward to putting that to the test. Hate burning through ammo, but I need another 200+ trouble free rounds to restore my confidence for carry. I have no doubt it's there, but I need that for my own comfort.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is now my primary edc.  
It's small, light, has good capacity, and the front sight is one of the best carry sights I've seen.
Well over 1k rds through it without an issue.
I've read about the trigger problem, but haven't had it happen, or tried to make it happen.
Mine points naturally for me, so very fast point shooting is surprisingly accurate.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I never had the trigger issue either. I find the trigger to be a lot like a Glock and works well. And who pushes a trigger sideways as a normal trigger pull?
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I never was a fan of Springfield. No real reason.
   Looking at small guns the other day the old timer I deal with pulls out a hellcat. I said no thanks. Then he made Me hold it.
    Love the way it feels in the hand. Then I noticed +1 rd more than the 365.
    Then he goes in back and brings out a tan one. Sold.
     I can make the trigger do the sideways catch. Can do it on 2 Walther I have too.
    It’s just a tiny bit off on the back of the trigger dingus and/or where the dingus enters the frame.  Not a big deal at all!!!! YouTube guys trying for “views” etc.
     I have a small diamond file. Not aggressive at all. Literally 3-5 passes and no longer has the issue!
     It’s mass produced like everything else. Plastic sometimes sucks. But easy fix. It’s not a design flaw or anything like that. Basically just a burr that didn’t get taken off.
    I wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t see the you tube videos talking about it.....

I have 2-300 rds through it. Drifted rear sight slightly and I freaking love it!!!!

I shoot a lot have a lot of guns. Compete etc etc.  for some reason I can’t shoot my g43 for shit and I love full-size glocks. Can’t shoot my 365 for shit(sold it).
     My Walther pps m2 is a laser for me. But I wanted more rds.

This hellcat is great! Can’t find anything I don’t like about it!
    For shits I’ll try a dot someday. Probably a swampfox sentinel. Or trijicon.
      The swampfox has the best warranty from what I read when comparing the $300 dots.
    But it’s great the way it is.
CNt post pics but I have a vedder iwb for it. When in dress cloths. And a custom sharkskin wrapped owb leather rig for all other days.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I never was a fan of Springfield. No real reason.
   Looking at small guns the other day the old timer I deal with pulls out a hellcat. I said no thanks. Then he made Me hold it.
    Love the way it feels in the hand. Then I noticed +1 rd more than the 365.
    Then he goes in back and brings out a tan one. Sold.
     I can make the trigger do the sideways catch. Can do it on 2 Walther I have too.
    It’s just a tiny bit off on the back of the trigger dingus and/or where the dingus enters the frame.  Not a big deal at all!!!! YouTube guys trying for “views” etc.
     I have a small diamond file. Not aggressive at all. Literally 3-5 passes and no longer has the issue!
     It’s mass produced like everything else. Plastic sometimes sucks. But easy fix. It’s not a design flaw or anything like that. Basically just a burr that didn’t get taken off.
    I wouldn’t have noticed if I didn’t see the you tube videos talking about it.....

I have 2-300 rds through it. Drifted rear sight slightly and I freaking love it!!!!

I shoot a lot have a lot of guns. Compete etc etc.  for some reason I can’t shoot my g43 for shit and I love full-size glocks. Can’t shoot my 365 for shit(sold it).
     My Walther pps m2 is a laser for me. But I wanted more rds.

This hellcat is great! Can’t find anything I don’t like about it!
    For shits I’ll try a dot someday. Probably a swampfox sentinel. Or trijicon.
      The swampfox has the best warranty from what I read when comparing the $300 dots.
    But it’s great the way it is.
CNt post pics but I have a vedder iwb for it. When in dress cloths. And a custom sharkskin wrapped owb leather rig for all other days.
View Quote

Nice!

I have an XDM and wife has an xd-9 (I think it is).
Never had an ounce of problems out of either.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Looking at one for my kid.
I'd like to find another 4.5 XDM-9 to go with the one I have and the XD-9.  I just ordered a .22 conversion for the XDM.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looking at one for my kid.
I'd like to find another 4.5 XDM-9 to go with the one I have and the XD-9.  I just ordered a .22 conversion for the XDM.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I've been carrying my Hellcat as my EDC for almost a year now.  I liked it but did not really love the trigger.  I replaced it with a Hyve Tech unit, went ahead and did the mag release and mag extensions at the same time.  I carry AIWB in a Minuteman Concealment rig, love the set up, perfect in my mind for a smaller EDC.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody experience any striker breakage issues on the Hellcat? I've heard some rumblings.

What optic options are available for the OSP version. I'd love a 507K but I don't think it's direct mount.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anybody experience any striker breakage issues on the Hellcat? I've heard some rumblings.

What optic options are available for the OSP version. I'd love a 507K but I don't think it's direct mount.
View Quote

You can make a HS507K work with this adapter plate.

CHPWS adapter plate
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bubba'd mine with a drill and a dremel bit. It's ugly, but I don't plan on taking the optic off so I don't mind. Grind off 2 of the lugs on the osp version, and grind down the other 2, and you're set. You don't have to have a fancy expensive adapter plate that messes with your cowitness. If I can do it with the complete wrong tools for the job and it sits flat and secure, an actual dremel and finesse will make it that much easier.

The 507k is awesome btw.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine has been reliable enough to become my primary daily carry. And for some reason, I shoot it so much better than I did my P938. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

And yes, too much internetting will lead you to the trigger "issue". Took me almost an hour to figure out how to replicate it. Non issue for me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh, and I didn't know what to think about the sights at first. Now, I wish all my sights were like this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oh, and I didn't know what to think about the sights at first. Now, I wish all my sights were like this.
View Quote

Im in the same boat. Really like the sights.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of mini dots fit.  Rmrcc, shields, I just put a swampfox sentinel on mine. Lines right up. Went with swampfox because in the same price range the others are plastic. Swampfox is metal with a glass lens. And supposed have best warranty compared to the other mini dots.
   More cash I would go rmrcc but only cus I like trijicon and have other rmr’s.  So far I like the swampfox
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
My buddy came over and showed me his new pistol he is using for his CCW. I fell in love with the pistol right off the bat and had to have one. Springfield Armory Hellcat in FDE.

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol run away from them and never come back
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked mine up in December, about 300 rounds through it so far, no trigger issues, fits like a glove, excellent sights and an excellent piece.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Wish I would've bought it sooner. Great little carry piece, exceptional capacity and deadly accurate to boot!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I picked one up a few weeks ago. I bought it because of the magazine capacity. I wasn't a fan of the trigger so I upgraded that to an Apex. I expect to add a metal guide rod eventually. It's more accurate than me. Just sold my 7 round capacity 9mm ccw. Carries nice. My wife is deciding between getting one for herself to share mags or get a 43x. She is trying to get over the snap of these little 9mm's.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Mine has been reliable enough to become my primary daily carry. And for some reason, I shoot it so much better than I did my P938. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

And yes, too much internetting will lead you to the trigger "issue". Took me almost an hour to figure out how to replicate it. Non issue for me.
View Quote

Now I have to try to replicate the trigger "problem".  Never had an issue in probably 500 + rounds.  Is the trigger great?  no, but not many striker fired triggers are when you're used to nice rifle triggers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Yesterday, I rented a P365 and Hellcat and compared those to my Glock 43.  I wanted to like the Hellcat the best, as it has 1 more round that the P365, and I think it looks incredible in FDE.

I started with some dry-firing of the Hellcat and my G43.  Then, I ran a few rounds back and forth between the G43 and Hellcat, then switched to the P365.

But.... I struggled a bit at 7 yards with the Hellcat.  All shots started low and left.  I didn't have that issue with my Glock 43 or the P365.  I was able to put a few on target after another 15 rounds, though.  Not sure what was going on.

My first two mags with the P365 had a FTE after the 1st round.  WTF?  The rental gun did look like it has been through war, so maybe it needed cleaning or whatever.  But that sure put a damper on the day.  Hellcat wasn't a slam dunk for me, and the P365 with it's FTE make me wonder if that's a bad choice.  I did prefer the trigger of the P365.

So, for now, I'll just stick to my little 6+1 round G43.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yesterday, I rented a P365 and Hellcat and compared those to my Glock 43.  I wanted to like the Hellcat the best, as it has 1 more round that the P365, and I think it looks incredible in FDE.

I started with some dry-firing of the Hellcat and my G43.  Then, I ran a few rounds back and forth between the G43 and Hellcat, then switched to the P365.

But.... I struggled a bit at 7 yards with the Hellcat.  All shots started low and left.  I didn't have that issue with my Glock 43 or the P365.  I was able to put a few on target after another 15 rounds, though.  Not sure what was going on.

My first two mags with the P365 had a FTE after the 1st round.  WTF?  The rental gun did look like it has been through war, so maybe it needed cleaning or whatever.  But that sure put a damper on the day.  Hellcat wasn't a slam dunk for me, and the P365 with it's FTE make me wonder if that's a bad choice.  I did prefer the trigger of the P365.

So, for now, I'll just stick to my little 6+1 round G43.  

View Quote

I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time.  I love mine and have since I first picked up.  That said, I think handguns are as subjective as a compound bow.  The fit means everything.  Hell, I shoot it better than my M&P 9.  Why?  I don't know.  I'm far from an expert on pistols.  Shoot what fits you the best.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time.  I love mine and have since I first picked up.  That said, I think handguns are as subjective as a compound bow.  The fit means everything.  Hell, I shoot it better than my M&P 9.  Why?  I don't know.  I'm far from an expert on pistols.  Shoot what fits you the best.
View Quote

Yep. I shoot my Hellcat almost as well as my XDM 5.25.

I can't explain it. It's amazing for me, but others it may not work for. Same goes for every handgun.

I can't shoot a Glock for crap.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Love it. 100% reliable and one of my favorite carry pieces.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm thinking the Apex trigger upgrade would make it a good CCW for me.  Maybe I'll go that way, over the P365.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I just picked one up tonight. Can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. Now to find an optic sight for it....
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure how the market is where you are, but that's easily $2,000 in 1 hour where I live.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#41]
I've never owned a Springfield handgun, but I am kinda jonesing for one of the new Hellcat RDP guns.............I dont know why, but I really like it. People hate the brake, but I honestly like it
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine's bone stock and never had any issues, at all.
Only +/- 300 rds downrange, but it works fine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Big fan of the XD line; two XD 40's (with 9mm drop in barrels) that came with blocked 10 round mags (thanks Bill Clinton) just to show how long I've been shooting them. Plus a XD Tactical 9mm. EDC a first gen XDs in 9mm that I really like.

Just picked up a Hellcat first of the year with the factory Shield RDS. First let me say I do have little girly hands. Never could reach the mag release on the right handed side so loved the ability to use the left hand mag release with my pointer finger which is a no go of course on the Hellcat without swapping the release around to "left hand" only. The "trigger issue" occurred first time I shot it without me attempting to make it happen. Also put an Olight Mini on it and the trigger finger area became rather small. Saw the Hyve trigger discussed on here and that it would move the trigger back a tad. Did the Powder River upgrades on my others including the XDs so thought from reading comments here would be pretty much a drop in. Guess not as it locked the slide up. Removed/reinstalled/monkeyed until it finally let me run the slide but could only reset the trigger by pushing it forward. Out it came and back to the factory which works fine. Really wanted it to work but I guess back it goes.

Really like the sights and the RDS for my closing in on 60 yr old eyes. But noticed two hmms.. If you happen to be shooting from a shaded area to a well lit target the red dot is almost invisible and no way to adjust it. And oddly, when in "medium" lighting my dot strobes. Not in bright light nor dim light. Very noticeable. Changed batteries twice, Email to Springfield about it but no answer.

Bottom line; I want to like it but three months in I'm still carrying my XDs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Big fan of the XD line; two XD 40's (with 9mm drop in barrels) that came with blocked 10 round mags (thanks Bill Clinton) just to show how long I've been shooting them. Plus a XD Tactical 9mm. EDC a first gen XDs in 9mm that I really like.

Just picked up a Hellcat first of the year with the factory Shield RDS. First let me say I do have little girly hands. Never could reach the mag release on the right handed side so loved the ability to use the left hand mag release with my pointer finger which is a no go of course on the Hellcat without swapping the release around to "left hand" only. The "trigger issue" occurred first time I shot it without me attempting to make it happen. Also put an Olight Mini on it and the trigger finger area became rather small. Saw the Hyve trigger discussed on here and that it would move the trigger back a tad. Did the Powder River upgrades on my others including the XDs so thought from reading comments here would be pretty much a drop in. Guess not as it locked the slide up. Removed/reinstalled/monkeyed until it finally let me run the slide but could only reset the trigger by pushing it forward. Out it came and back to the factory which works fine. Really wanted it to work but I guess back it goes.

Really like the sights and the RDS for my closing in on 60 yr old eyes. But noticed two hmms.. If you happen to be shooting from a shaded area to a well lit target the red dot is almost invisible and no way to adjust it. And oddly, when in "medium" lighting my dot strobes. Not in bright light nor dim light. Very noticeable. Changed batteries twice, Email to Springfield about it but no answer.

Bottom line; I want to like it but three months in I'm still carrying my XDs.
View Quote

The trigger thing is so odd to me.  I've tried many, many times to make it happen after hearing about it.  Not once has it done it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The trigger thing is so odd to me.  I've tried many, many times to make it happen after hearing about it.  Not once has it done it.
View Quote

Really analyzed my trigger pull due to this. With my short fingers I tend to press against the trigger at an angle instead of having my finger pad more or less straight across the front of the trigger. I believe it's MY issue WITH the Hellcat, not an issue OF the Hellcat. I think people with more common size hands or perhaps better technique  simply never induce it.

Of course that's my opinion and guarantied to be worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Overall impression: just ok
Have 365, Hellcat, no longer have G43
Hellcat:
More recoil than a 365
Not as accurate as a 365
Trigger is not good
Super frustrating that Hellcat doesn’t play nice with Holosun or RMR
Feels good in the hand
Like the mag capability
Liked the sights before I shot with them. I’ve found the U notch tough to use in regards to aligning left and right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top