Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2022 11:41:31 AM EDT
Recently picked up a good deal on a Hellcat, even came with an Apex trigger installed. Solid upgrade from my XDS.

Typically like to have spare parts for firearms I have own.

What are the recommended spare parts for the Hellcat?

Saw Apex selling a "failure resistant" extractor. Also saw a few vendors selling a stainless steel striker sleeve, instead of plastic. Are these parts prone to breaking?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to get two types of responses here.

Those that say you need no spare parts, and those that say it's a SA so you need an entire spare pistol.

I have 35k rounds through five SAs, and I've never replaced a single component.

I wouldn't worry about hanging onto replacements. In the very remote chance that it were to have something fail, would you really be in distress over waiting 3 days or even a week for a replacement?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats good to know.

Remember reading that some roll pins would break on XD pistols. I grabbed a few for my old subcompact years ago before I sold it.

I'll put that money to ammo, magazines, and range time then.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned firearms for going on fifty years.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've needed spare parts and at least half of those were my fault.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Parts are hard to come by these days, even for Glocks. Plus some manufacturers are reluctant to sell parts. I buy 2 of each nowadays. I have 2 P365X's, 2 Hellcats, 2 G43's and 1 Shield Plus. I need another Shield.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I like to keep at least a few recoil springs on hand for each pistol I own, just because they are a wear part. Everything else is gun dependent, e.g. CZ75 trigger return springs and 1911 extractors.

Most poly/striker guns tend to be pretty low maintenance other than that. A lot of part failures on handguns are caused by not replacing recoil springs frequently enough-Beretta locking block and slide fractures, most frame failures, etc...

@-Obsessed- you are probably due for some recoil springs at those round counts if you haven't been doing so already.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
i thought this was a dodge thread...nvm
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The best “spare parts” you can have for a carry gun is another copy of the same gun.  

If your primary carry gun goes down due to mechanical failure, switch to the backup while you source parts.

This is what I do.  My current carry is a S&W Shiield, so I own two Shield pistols.

The only spare I typically stock for a gun is recoil spring assembly, because if you shoot a lot eventually you’ll need a replacement.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
@veers57 check out Midwest gun works. They have a good selection of small parts at reasonable prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top