Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2021 9:07:24 PM EDT
I ordered a CHPWS plate for a RMRcc. Took it to the range twice and after each trip it was loose enough I sent it back. Just got a replacement in the mail and seems to be the same. In some videos they state the plate should basicly press fit (on the pistols they are showing) into the cut out and that does not seem to be the case with my Hellcat.

The screws mounting the plate to the slide have room to allow the plate to move. Witness marks have been unchanged so the screws arent coming out. Also the plate has enough space on the slide to allow the movement.

Was considering using this as a CCW but if I cant get a solid optic mount Ill throw a budget red dot on it and work on a G19 MOS

Wondering if anyone else has a similar experiance?

First plate
Attachment Attached File

Second PlateAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I use alot of their plates. But the trick is they need to be tightened down. Ive had a few come loose. The issue is too much torque and they break, and they only give you one set of the receiver posts.

Once you figure it out, it works pretty good. Ive not issues but if they aren't tight enough they will work off.
Another pain in the ass with these things is you will need more screws for when you change the battery.

But all in all, even with the issues its really a good system.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Iv torqued them down to 10in/lbs with a fixit stick I also bought from them. I was worried about going overboard and stripping the threads on the slide
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it a steel plate or aluminum?

What’s wrong with your recoil/screw bosses?
First plate looks like it’s sheared off.
Second plate boss looks like it’s getting chewed up.

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a steel plate or aluminum?

What’s wrong with your recoil/screw bosses?
First plate looks like it’s sheared off.
Second plate boss looks like it’s getting chewed up.

View Quote

First one it fell into the hole and the 2nd has thread locker on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top