Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2021 11:59:20 AM EDT
I bought a Hellcat RDP a week ago or so, and am thinking about getting and installing the Apex trigger system for it.  Couple of questions:

1. Is it worth it?  The factory trigger wasn't good when I got it, but I've been dry firing it a lot to get used to the red dot, and it seems to have gotten smoother.  Is the Apex a decent amount better than the factor one, after the factor one has a few hundred rounds down it and lots more dry fire?

2. How much of a pain is it to install?  I've watched the video from Apex about installing it - the Hellcat seems very similar to the Glock, and I've build a 80% Glock lower myself, so I'm familiar with system.  The trigger replacement looks involved, but straightforward.  Any pitfalls that can be a big problem?

Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I put one in my Hellcat OSP this summer, definitely worth the $75 or whatever it was. I watched the video a couple times and just would refer to it as I did the install to make sure I didn’t screw anything up. It really wasn’t a difficult install at all, and was a huge upgrade on my gun, the factory trigger sucked. The apex makes it much more pleasant for the range and yet it’s still good for a carry pistol
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the factory trigger is fine, but I'm probably not the pickiest person in the world. My trigger broke in at around 50 rounds and seems very good to me. There's no creep or mush and it seems smooth and consistent. Reset seems reasonable. In fact, I'm quickly becoming a fan of the trigger.

But then again, I like the XD trigger from the factory, which some folks complained about, so I may not be the person to ask.

I would argue that a quality training course or some ammunition is a better investment, but OP you gotta do you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently installed the Powder River Precision full kit. Much better than stock.

Just changing the trigger is not hard at all.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the factory trigger is fine, but I'm probably not the pickiest person in the world. My trigger broke in at around 50 rounds and seems very good to me. There's no creep or mush and it seems smooth and consistent. Reset seems reasonable. In fact, I'm quickly becoming a fan of the trigger.

But then again, I like the XD trigger from the factory, which some folks complained about, so I may not be the person to ask.

I would argue that a quality training course or some ammunition is a better investment, but OP you gotta do you.
View Quote

I agree with this, although I did put a PRP kit in my XDm 10. It's now very light and consistent with a short pull and very short reset. No way Im carrying it unholstered, but its a great trigger.

My hellcat is just fine stock, as I can dump it in a coat/jacket pocket unholstered with little worry. To me, it feels like a very good DA revolver with a smooth, even pull, and consistent break.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know about the stock gun but, the LTT Hellcat is awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top