Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2021 11:29:17 AM EDT
I am looking to upgrade my carry gun, and looking at a G26.  I was looking at some of the Gen4, Gen 5 among others, and saw the G26MOS, but a google search brought up the Glock.com site and press releases about it, some from 2018. Nothing from any retailers, which makes me thing they are not in production, or at least making it out to the wild.

Has anyone seen them out and about?

May just pick up a used one, send for milling, and RMR it, if these aren't available yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am looking to upgrade my carry gun, and looking at a G26.  I was looking at some of the Gen4, Gen 5 among others, and saw the G26MOS, but a google search brought up the Glock.com site and press releases about it, some from 2018. Nothing from any retailers, which makes me thing they are not in production, or at least making it out to the wild.

Has anyone seen them out and about?

May just pick up a used one, send for milling, and RMR it, if these aren't available yet.
View Quote

I don’t believe it’s been released to the civilian market in the US yet, you must have spotted it on Glock’s euro website.  I’d bet it comes out later this year in the US.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t believe it’s been released to the civilian market in the US yet, you must have spotted it on Glock’s euro website.  I’d bet it comes out later this year in the US.
View Quote

Quick search of my history confirms you are correct. A mill job on a regular G26 will net my results in that case.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO a milled slide is better than a MOS, even though it will cost more.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have two Gen5 26s and had them milled for RMRs, I like them so much I'm in the market for another. A 19 feels huge anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have two Gen5 26s and had them milled for RMRs, I like them so much I'm in the market for another. A 19 feels huge anymore.
View Quote

Im dropping down from a 9c 2.0 for more discreet carry, but this will be my first RDS gun. I have a bid out on GB for a Gen4 G26, but if that falls through I may just grab a frame and aftermarket slide to drop my newly inbound RMR on.

The more I have handled the G26, 43, P365s, Hellcats, etc. the 9c and G19 sized guns just feel odd in hand. Will probably grab a 19 or 34 for a HD gun, RMR'ed of course after I get the curve down.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Im dropping down from a 9c 2.0 for more discreet carry, but this will be my first RDS gun. I have a bid out on GB for a Gen4 G26, but if that falls through I may just grab a frame and aftermarket slide to drop my newly inbound RMR on.

The more I have handled the G26, 43, P365s, Hellcats, etc. the 9c and G19 sized guns just feel odd in hand. Will probably grab a 19 or 34 for a HD gun, RMR'ed of course after I get the curve down.
View Quote

@Cameronswmp9

I have several Glocks; 34,17,19,19x,26,43x and I prefer the 26 to them all for carry. At the range I shoot it better than the larger guns so its a no-brainer for me. The optic makes the extra sight radius of a longer barreled gun a moot point. I will say, the Gen4 34 and 19x are fantastic to shoot but in these times when I'm not running through a case of 9mm a week,I make practice count and thats with a RMR wearing 26.

If you are actually in NC, I was in Perrys (Wendell NC) and Fuquay Guns (Fuquay Varina NC) today and you would have no problem finding whatever Glock or S&W you are looking for at either store.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Cameronswmp9

I have several Glocks; 34,17,19,19x,26,43x and I prefer the 26 to them all for carry. At the range I shoot it better than the larger guns so its a no-brainer for me. The optic makes the extra sight radius of a longer barreled gun a moot point. I will say, the Gen4 34 and 19x are fantastic to shoot but in these times when I'm not running through a case of 9mm a week,I make practice count and thats with a RMR wearing 26.

If you are actually in NC, I was in Perrys (Wendell NC) and Fuquay Guns (Fuquay Varina NC) today and you would have no problem finding whatever Glock or S&W you are looking for at either store.
View Quote

Im actually in Cary, and I called Fuquay Gun about a G26 and the guy on the phone said they had no G26s, which was more surprising than anything. I have bought many from FG&G, and from Clay in person at the old, small store. I havent been to Perry's in years, but last time I was there they had a major inventory of everything! Follow them on the FB and they seem to be getting ammo frequently, and selling out frequently as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im actually in Cary, and I called Fuquay Gun about a G26 and the guy on the phone said they had no G26s, which was more surprising than anything. I have bought many from FG&G, and from Clay in person at the old, small store. I havent been to Perry's in years, but last time I was there they had a major inventory of everything! Follow them on the FB and they seem to be getting ammo frequently, and selling out frequently as well.
View Quote

Nice, I'm not far from you (near Roxboro kind of) and I consider those two shops to be my LGS. I held a 26 today at FGG if that helps ya any. Perrys was well stocked on both guns and ammo. Both shops are stacked with Blue Label guns too.

Perrys had all the ammo that everybody is looking for, but he is proud of it. FGG has ammo too but nowhere near what Perry has.

Give Rock City Guns a visit on FB, they seem to luck into some nice stuff as well and the prices are fair. They were selling Glocks pre-covid priced recently.

ETA: DP Customs is the place to get it milled. Doug is the man. Ive sent him two so far, RMR cut and Nitride and had them both back in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice, I'm not far from you (near Roxboro kind of) and I consider those two shops to be my LGS. I held a 26 today at FGG if that helps ya any. Perrys was well stocked on both guns and ammo. Both shops are stacked with Blue Label guns too.

Perrys had all the ammo that everybody is looking for, but he is proud of it. FGG has ammo too but nowhere near what Perry has.

Give Rock City Guns a visit on FB, they seem to luck into some nice stuff as well and the prices are fair. They were selling Glocks pre-covid priced recently.

ETA: DP Customs is the place to get it milled. Doug is the man. Ive sent him two so far, RMR cut and Nitride and had them both back in 3 weeks.
View Quote

DP Customs was high on the list. Semi-local guy and good pricing, compared to others. Guys on local forum who have had work done with him really like the work.

I was looking at his page and contemplating a cerakote job as well, but havent made up my mind there yet. Thinking some burnt bronze on the slide, but some other colors would be cool there too.....
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
If you call Doug or send him an email he'll send you a code for 10% off.

He's a cool guy, one man shop and he does it all.

As long as he's in business I wont send slide cuts anywhere else. I'm not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top