User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2022 9:55:04 AM EDT
I looked, can't find much.

I only found one review somewhere.

Link to page:
https://www.polymer80.com/partsandaccessories/pistolmags

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Some people have had problems with them being to loose.  They are more expensive than glock factory mags so very few people go that route.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any, but I'm pretty sure they're the same as the Korean KCI mags just with the P80 logo stamped on the baseplate.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
They cost almost as much as Glock factory mags. By the time you run enough ammo through to trust them, you'll spend more than the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Larry has them for $8.99.
So I got four for the G17.

I'll update after I shoot them.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Larry?
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]
hangfire
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larry?
View Quote

Larry Potterfield.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024420965
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a complete P80f and it came with two of their branded mags.  I've run a couple hundred rounds through them.  The very first two rounds I tried to fire failed to feed but fed when I manually racked it a second time.  Since then I've put a couple hundred rounds through both of the mags and have not had any other problems.  They lock back when they are supposed to and feed reliably, other than those very first two rounds.  The FTF issue was only with one of the two mags.  The second one has been flawless.  I have a drawer full of Glock mags and the P80 ones are mixed in.  They all work fine now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The Polymer 80 brand magazines are made by KCI with Polymer 80 on the base plate. Other than the base plate, there is absolutely no difference between the P80 and KCI mags. And I have 1 P80 mag along with quite a few KCI mags, they work a lot better than the MagPul PMags I have. In fact the P80 and KCI mags have worked flawlessly in all of my OEM G19 along with my 940C and 940CL frames I own.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I came here to post a thread on this very subject, as Midway has them on sale.

Anyone else have any experience with them?

If they're KCI, I've always read mixed reports.....9ne guy says they're great, next guy says they suck.

These look exactly (from the pics) like factory mags.

What do the followers look like?

Source on the fact that they're actually just KCI?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:22:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If they're KCI, I've always read mixed reports.....9ne guy says they're great, next guy says they suck.

View Quote
Here is a known KCI mag, notice the two little dimples/holes in the side up near the feed lips?  Those are not on factory Glock mags, and they are seen on the P80 mag in the OP's pic.

Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is a known KCI mag, notice the two little dimples/holes in the side up near the feed lips?  Those are not on factory Glock mags, and they are seen on the P80 mag in the OP's pic.

https://www.onestopfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/assetsimagesglockkcimagazine.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.onestopfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/assetsimagesglockkcimagazine.jpg
Mine just arrived today.  No dimples/holes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#13]
My LGS has these for $10 for G19 ones.   I might give them a whirl
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I got in on the midway sale and bought a bunch of the P80 Glock 17 and Glock 19 mags. I’ve only tried the Glock 19 version. Worked fine except loading the last round in the mag took a lot of effort and I was using a Maglula.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top