Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2018 7:17:08 AM EDT
Anyone does a comparison on the 38special 158gr lead swc hp (fbi load) side by side of the different brands

Federal. Remington. Winchester. Underwood. Buffalo Bore.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never seen a side by side comparison of the various brands of 158gr SWCHP.

I have also never seen a report of any 158gr SWCHP expanding properly out of a 2" snub barrel. They need 4" minimum for any chance of expansion. There are better options but that's not what you were asking...
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Lucky gunner has done some comparisons of some brands but not all.  I believe they did it on Federal, Winchester and Remington.

Both the Remington and Winchester performed pretty good.  The Federal not as well.  I believe it is because Federal is using a harder lead cast than the other two now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I can tell you the Buffalo bore is 200fps faster than either the Remington or Winchester out of my model 15. Lead seems softer too,which is why its gas checked I suppose. I'm betting it would perform the best, but it's also more than 2x the price of the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top