Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2020 5:25:42 PM EDT
According to SCCY the DVG1 was headed towards stores in August.  Obviously the Covid has had its effects but even today I've never seen one in the wild.  It would be understandable that finding one for sale would be difficult but not a single YouTube video means even those "in the loop" haven't gotten their hands on one.  I'm starting to wonder if they exist all.  Are they the Sasquatch of concealed carry guns? Often talked about but never actually seen?

SCCY created some big waves with the announcement of the DVG1 and DVG1-RD but do they actually exist?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
LGS had two of them in the display case. Didn’t get a price though. Also I have a guy selling one used local to me as well. So they are out there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck I'd like to just handle one and feel the trigger but they are unicorns in this market.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:05:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluealtered] [#3]
Brandi, when i was having the issues i had with the SCCY .380 i was told i would get a dvg1 to test out for SCCY. However that didn't come about for over 6 months and then i was lead to believe that some problems had come up and it was on hold at that time. I will guess the factory moving and then moving back had something to do with that as well. You might check out the Ruger Max9, i got one of the first one's here and it is very well done and carries good as well as having very  good groups.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:02:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  That's kind of what I was expecting.  As fast as high capacity micro 9's (such as the Ruger) are coming out, it looks like SCCY may have missed the boat.  Unless the DVG1-RD's are just amazing, even the low price point won't be enough to compete in the market now.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe their newer guns are better but I'd buy a Taurus G3C before I bought any SCCY, and there are a bunch of pistols I'd buy before I even considered the Taurus.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:
Maybe their newer guns are better but I'd buy a Taurus G3C before I bought any SCCY, and there are a bunch of pistols I'd buy before I even considered the Taurus.  
View Quote

Other than the heavy DA triggers on the CPX series they are great guns, especially at that price.  I thought mine was going to be a turd because it wouldn't cycle through a mag without malfunctions so I called SCCY.  Come to find out they had a bunch of bad magazines get out and they sent me two replacements.  With the new magazines it's yet to malfunction a single time.  No doubt the magazine issue hurt their reputation but at least they owned up to it and replaced them.  Can't say the same for some companies.

A lot of people just assume they are crap because they aren't overpriced but that isn't the case.  I'm sure they've released some lemons, every manufacturer does but most are just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top