Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2021 1:31:01 PM EDT
Took my new hellcat OSP with RMRCC to the range for the first time and put 200rds through it and noticed a few times it would hang up chambering a new round. It would chamber but at the end of travel it would slow down then pop into battery. Anyone else have any issues? Maybe need more break in?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep shooting it. Feed ramps get dirty and those short slides are lightweight and don’t get a lot of momentum going when you drop the slide on a loaded mag.

Take a look at the feed ramps and if they’re rough, buff them smooth with a rag and metal polish or metal polish and a dremel with a fiber pad. Don’t change the shape of the ramp.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What ammunition were running?

I do not recall having any issues, but I have only put "good" (in terms of cheaper ammo that is) and defense ammunition through it (CCI, Sig, Norma, etc.)-- nothing that historically has feeding problems (for me at least).

Which magazines were you using? 15 rnd? 13 rnd? 11 rnd?

Have you had a failure to go into battery? Or just the slow down?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Try disassembling your slide without removing the red dot, if your extractor depressor plunger assembly won't come out then the screw on that side is too long. When I mounted a 507k to mine I had to run that screw over a file several times to get it short enough that it wouldn't enter that channel in the slide. Here's a disassembly/reassembly video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAu-kMCMJQ8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top