Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2020 5:18:12 PM EDT
I ordered some hammer shims for my GP100. I didn't have any major problem other than some slight rubbing on one side, but thought it might smooth up the action.

One thing I noticed after installing the shims is that the hammer is kind of crooked or slightly leaning to the left. Probably was worse before. I put a .006" on the left and a .005" on the right. Any reason to think something like .008" and .003 would be better? I don't think it's really dragging much but also haven't shot it much.

I can push the hammer a bit to the right but it seems to want to return to this position.

Not sure how obvious it is in the pics, but hope this helps.

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Send 'er in.  Have 'em check yer gun.  Shims ought ta smooth things right out.  Likewise, see 'bout puttin' in an 8lb trigger spring, an' a 10lb hammer spring.  Amazin'.  Have done both ta ma two Super GP100's in .357 magnum.  Best wheel guns I've ever owned, an' I've had lots o' 'em.  These are th' best I've owned in th' last 50 o' my 70 years...

Good luck ta ya...
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Send it in? I'm not sure Ruger will call a slightly skewed hammer a warranty issue. It works fine. I just thought it might be nice if I could square it up a bit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
This would concern me, and I believe Ruger would want to see it too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This would concern me, and I believe Ruger would want to see it too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/10866/gp_JPG-1274256.JPG
View Quote
I'll have to look closer but that might be a reflection.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, not a reflection. Looks like the hammer has been catching there or something. I'll contact Ruger.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Take the shims out before you send it in. If you don't, it will come back without them. Ruger will restore it to factory condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top