Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:11:08 AM EDT
Just recently purchased a new to me, USPc. The decocker is currently on the right side of the frame, for a lefty. I’ve ordered the Variant 1 control lever for right handed shooting. There’s a detent plate that coordinates with the control lever and there’s another type of detent plate that fits on the opposite side of the control lever.

My question: Can I use these existing detent plates and just swap their positions on the firearm frame or do I need to order right handed specific detent plates to make this change to a right handed configuration?

The HK Parts website doesn’t make mention of this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe all you need is the correct safety lever. The detention plates should be the same. I had the same thing with my USP9c when I bought it. I’ll check the bod tonight to make sure that’s the only extra part I have
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate your reply, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Working on HK pistols is fun. I enjoyed swapping the trigger return spring and firing pin safety block spring on a couple V2 LEM pistols I used to own to factory light springs in order to convert them to V1.

Next project will involve installing a match sear, match trigger return spring, new style sear catch, and light firing pin safety block spring on my USP compacts to improve the DA/SA. That should be exciting.

Good luck with your work!
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for the delayed response; Thanksgiving and all... Just checked the box, and yes, it's just the safety switch, the detent plates are the same going V1 to V2
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for the delayed response; Thanksgiving and all... Just checked the box, and yes, it's just the safety switch, the detent plates are the same going V1 to V2
View Quote
This, and then you'd only change the detent plate if you wanted to make it

Fire/safe only, (no decocker)

or

Decocker only, (no fire/no safe).
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top