Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/14/2022 12:38:38 AM EDT
Recently found a KF marked (1995) full size USP 9mm V1 for a great deal at a local pawn shop. Just today I got 7x 15rd mags and a 32rd for $350. One is marked IR, the rest are AG and AH (I think IR is 1993?)

Relatively ignorant to USP's and their quirks so I set out looking for recalls/factory upgrades, tips, etc. So far I have determined I want to upgrade the firing pin block assembly so I purchased the full set of parts needed (New Firing Pin, Block, Springs, roll pins, etc). I also got an HK45c mag release and roll pin to swap for the standard, and an ambi safety so my south-paw friends can enjoy it too.

I am debating a few things:

-- Night Sights or Expert/Tactical style adjustables?

-- Lights/Laser? I have found an older GG&G adapter with the single slot which looks a bit better in my opinion than the new multi slot. However... I have been looking at old catalogs and there are some interesting options.

Surefire 309R/609R - very cool looking, seems well built, takes the P60? Anyone know if I can upgrade to LED from Lumens Factory?

Surefire W/P/M series 105/115 - Bulkier, but also early 2000's GWOT tacticool. Seem to be unicorns. Not sure based on some forum posts if they can be upgraded to LED.

Insight M2 / HK UTL - What I REALLY would love to have, but I keep reading that they have an epoxy inside that degrades heavily over time and essentially means they all are DOA.

Surefire X200 / X400 first gens - Fits the 2004-era of most of the movies I watched and video games I played as a wayward youth.

Streamlight TLR-1 HL /TLR-2 HL - Most bang for the buck, but not really fitting with the aesthetic... and as we all know, aesthetics are the most important.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:51:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s a joy to shoot.  Best light is use the adapter or get the TLR-3 with the USP rail.  UTL is low lumens and more of a collector piece rather than a current functional accoutrement.

LEM trigger could be of interest to you in near future.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
“Recently found a KF marked (1995) full size USP 9mm V1 for a great deal at a local pawn shop. Just today I got 7x 15rd mags and a 32rd for $350.”

It’s early but I’m reading that as you paid $350 for the mags. How much was the pistol or did you get the pistol and mags for $350? If so somebody there forgot a “1” at the front of the price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Recently found a KF marked (1995) full size USP 9mm V1 for a great deal at a local pawn shop. Just today I got 7x 15rd mags and a 32rd for $350.”

It’s early but I’m reading that as you paid $350 for the mags. How much was the pistol or did you get the pistol and mags for $350? If so somebody there forgot a “1” at the front of the price.
View Quote

Ue seriously you could sell 5 mags and be in it next to nithing
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ue seriously you could sell 5 mags and be in it next to nithing
View Quote

Because they’re pre-ban I assume? I saw two mags on the EE last week for 40 or 50 shipped. I know new are 40 or 50 a piece each last I looked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#6]
HK UTL, replace lamp with modern HI LED.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice gun - Want a 9 USP as its a fine gun BUT - Like the P2000 for its size.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#8]
This is my nightstand gun. GG&G rail adapter and a Streamlight TLR7. Doesn’t add much bulk to the pistol at all.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

My bad -- Got the pistol separate from the mags for $650 in excellent condition - I can't see any real wear besides some rubbing on the finish on the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My bad -- Got the pistol separate from the mags for $650 in excellent condition - I can't see any real wear besides some rubbing on the finish on the barrel.
View Quote

Nice!

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Shiiiit, I thought I had a good deal when I traded a $350 used 92fs for a usp9c with three mags....

Eta: see now that was just mags, an extra 650 for the gun.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I picked up a usp .40 v1 as police surplus a few years ago.
Paid something like $550.

I love it, night sights were pretty much dead but they worked fine for my use.

Later on the rear sight took an impact, luckily the sights were dead.
Super soft metal, i was surprised...

Fun pistol!

Do they have any more?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked up a USP9 today! Paid $500, gun was "used" but appears to not have been fired. Feed ramp has no sign of brass, breach face has no brass on it, and the magazine followers are perfect. Gun appeared to have the original factory lubricant all over the insides as well. And the cherry on top, the gun had the original receipt from when the owner bought it 2 years ago, the same place he traded it back in to and he paid $1,000 for it
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#14]
^^^That is a great deal. I had bought a USP on line years ago that was used and in pretty rough condition, as it was a former LEO/dept. gun but it was still an amazing shooter and functioned perfectly. I am still trying to figure out why I traded it. If I could find one for $500, that would be mine as quick as I could pull my wallet out. I could only imagine what they paid the original buyer if they sold it for that amount. Congrats.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI. The HK45C magazine release can damage the polymer USP mags over time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
^^^That is a great deal. I had bought a USP on line years ago that was used and in pretty rough condition, as it was a former LEO/dept. gun but it was still an amazing shooter and functioned perfectly. I am still trying to figure out why I traded it. If I could find one for $500, that would be mine as quick as I could pull my wallet out. I could only imagine what they paid the original buyer if they sold it for that amount. Congrats.
View Quote

They gave the guy $450 for it
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm very jealous.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Bought this for $450, had a chunk missing on the slide.

Attachment Attached File

Converted it to 9mm now with new internals and new slide.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Recently put a jet funnel on mine. Turned it into my new bedside gun. Just need to get a rail adapter so I can swap the X300 onto it
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top