Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/5/2020 7:09:25 PM EDT
Hey all,I picked up a really clean condition USP 9 full size with match trigger group installed. Also has a new set of Heinie rear and trijicon straight eights. The gun looked in great shape when I examined it. Got it home and noticed a rough mark in the chamber on top. Then I could see it had erosion from gas escaping around chamber around hood. I cleaned up real good and shot it. Groups really nice and tight, but spent brass had dark black stripes on one side corresponding to chamber erosion. Anyone seen this before? Should I be worried?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Should I be worried?
View Quote

You say it runs perfect & is quite accurate. So.................. where is the concern?  

Are you positive this is caused by gas erosion & not anything else?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You say it runs perfect & is quite accurate. So.................. where is the concern?  

Are you positive this is caused by gas erosion & not anything else?
View Quote

There’s a pitted mark in the chamber that I believe is letting gas escape. Right near the breech face I can see flaming from the barrel. I just don’t want it to mess up the breech face. The chamber gets really gummy after a few mags, but no stoppages so far.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There’s a pitted mark in the chamber that I believe is letting gas escape. Right near the breech face I can see flaming from the barrel. I just don’t want it to mess up the breech face. The chamber gets really gummy after a few mags, but no stoppages so far.
View Quote

Ok, then send it in for warranty. My shop recently sent in a customer's gun for a glitch in the feed ramp. He had a new bbl installed & back in a couple of weeks, IIRC?

Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok, then send it in for warranty. My shop recently sent in a customer's gun for a glitch in the feed ramp. He had a new bbl installed & back in a couple of weeks, IIRC?

View Quote

Thanks. I talked to hk and sent pics of chamber. Definitely a defect. Gonna send it in thanks!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top