Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 7:10:06 PM EDT
I want to run the EZ-Lok on all of my handguns w/threaded barrels. I know I need a barrel adapter for each pistol, but other than that, what do I need for the system to work? Just the EZ-Lok piston? Something else or more?
Will be running this system with a Obsidian 9 & Odessa
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#1]
To run the Griffin EZ-LOK system you will need the barrel adaptors in whichever thread pitch your pistol threaded barrels are in. After that, all you need is the EZ-LOK piston that is compatible with your suppressor. I bought a 3/4 inch socket from the hardware store and used it in tandem with a torque wrench to install my barrel adaptor onto my threaded barrel. I used Rocksett as well. I placed the squared surfaces of the threaded barrel in a padded vice while angling the slide enough out of the way (obviously the barrel needs to be installed with the slide in place to begin with).

I have the EZ-LOK barrel adaptor mounted to an HK P30L and an EZ-LOK piston on a Silencerco Octane 9 HD.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems like a hassle to take apart and clean.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 3:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seems like a hassle to take apart and clean.
View Quote

Not really. Yeah, you can't take the barrel out of the slide with taking off the adapter but it's easy enough to clean anyway.

Well wirth the trade-off though. Much more secure than direct thread. I like not having to check and make sure the suppressor is still tight after every 5 rounds or so which it seemed like was the case with DT. And if you have barrels with different thread pitch you don't have to change pistons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Ordered!
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna try teflon tape before this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my VP9T to the range with the EZ-lok adapter on. After the 1st couple rounds, the can came loose. No issues after that.

Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds great
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Used teflon tape for the first time, it works.  Much cheaper and easier than another expensive mount.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used teflon tape for the first time, it works.  Much cheaper and easier than another expensive mount.
View Quote

I tried Teflon tape. Didn't work for me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top