Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2018 7:09:00 PM EDT
Finally bought one for her! While I will miss her having the capacity and caliber of her PX4sc 9mm, I would much rather her have a gun on her all the time!  She tended to leave it at home or in the car due to the size/weight for the purse.  

I jumped on PSA's LCP II deal for $219 shipped.  Hope to take it to the range on Monday.  Looks like some folks have no issues out of the box, and others have quite a bit of hiccups (though sounds like it smooths out after break-in).

Range ammo aside- what's a good self-defense round in .380 out of this little barrel?  We have an Academy and Cabelas nearby, so I should be able to find a decent selection.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Fiocchi Extrema with the XTP projectile is about the most cost effective 380 SD round and is sold at Cabela's, although a little cheaper from places like sgammo.

All the XTP based loadings appear to perform nearly equally well and get 12 inches penetration with reliable expansion.  In this caliber, HST appears to expand well but only 8 to 9 inches penetration according to ammoquest.

It's a great little gun and there is no excuse to not be armed if you own one.

Mine had no teething problems but I did take it apart and replace the oil with grease on the slide rails before firing it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the LCP II but do have a LCP Custom.  I find it to be a snappy little bastige.  Has your wife fired one?  My best advice is always to let the SO unit to decide what she wants herself.  I'e made that mistake before.

I made my Custom easier to shoot by adding a Hogue HandAll Grip and a Galloway Precision 13# recoil spring.  I don't know that these are available for the LCP II but they are something to look for.  Best of luck with the choice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Unfortunately, she hasn't shot an LCP II before.  We both expect it to be pretty snappy, however, it's not going to be a range gun for her by any means.    It just frustrated me always finding her Beretta at home or in the car, and never with her.  I don't blame her, it's bulky for her purse.  We looked at several small guns, like the Sig 938, etc.  She liked how this one felt over the rest, except for the 938- she did like that, but didn't like the price tag, lol.

I'll try to grab some of that ammo tomorrow if I can.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs KAD and I hit the range today.  Ran a quick ~80 rds or so thru the LCP II.  No failures of any kind, and it was actually really fun to shoot!  I really like that little gun.  Told her I might buy myself one, too, which of course triggered a face from her, lol.

Still want to run a bit more thru it, but I'm really pleased with it so far and, more importantly, my wife really likes it, too!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top