Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2021 8:58:49 PM EDT
Over the past year, the wife and I have really been focusing on paying off debt we had accumulated either due to unexpected health problems, stuff just breaking (new roof and hvac in less than 6 month period), and not being as good as we needed to be with our credit card.

As part of that, I got a new better paying job with better insurance and started to cull the herd some. Started out selling duplicates of stuff I had and guns I had taken in on trade but just never like.

This Beretta 92F was one I had taken in on trade but I’m a huge Beretta fanboy. Add to it that it was a former NC Highway Patrol marked pistol and that’s my home state I was over the moon in love. But I already owned a Beretta 92F that was a Greensboro PD surplus one. I tried justifying keeping both but knew one had to go. So I sold the NCHP one cause it was a quick sell and I wasn’t emotionally attached all the way.

Fast forward a year, and wife and I have paid off all outstanding debt. It feels amazing and we definitely don’t want to go back!

In that time frame, I had traded/sold off my other Berettas. The 92F I kept over this one had been sold to the son of a former Greensboro PD officer who wanted it for his dad. My M9A1 got traded to a buddy going into the Marines who wanted it to have a pistol similar to what his unit was using.

I had planned on getting a new 92X but I was having trouble finding anything in stock. Thought about buying online, but while scrolling on CFF I saw the dude posting that I had sold it to. On a whim sent him a message asking if he still had it and would be interested. Thankfully he did and even helped me out by taking a trade so I wouldn’t be out any new money!

He had put the black factory grips back on it, decided I would leave those on it as well. Already has the skeleton hammer and D spring.

Only plans moving forward are to get a G kit, replace the rest of the springs just due to age, and get more magazines.

On the plus side, I found my old Safariland holster and a 17 round magazine while looking for something else!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucked out today while at my favorite gun shop! Was digging through their section of beretta magazines (mainly military surplus and pro mag) and found a Mecgar 18 round magazine for $20.

Decided to go ahead and pick a 22 pistol up I had on layaway and dude asked me if I wanted any 22 ammo with it. Told him I was good on 22 (they wanted $60-80 a brick) but asked if I could get some 9mm. Said I could get a box of federal hydroshock 147 grain for $30. Higher than what I’m used to but considering can’t find anything I took it!

Might try to flip the Federal for more 9mm
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score man.  I would pick up a 92x as well, outstanding pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top