Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 5:44:16 PM EDT
Hello. I ordered a new guide rod and spring for my XD-9.  They threw in an "extra power" striker spring.  

Any negatives to not putting this spring in yet?  The recoil spring is normal strength from Wolf.

Are these normally replaced at the same time?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not but it probably does not matter either way. At least you know it is new and you will have strong primer strikes,
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I own 2 XD-9s and after 4K rounds I replace the recoil spring, striker spring, striker dampening spring, and the striker retaining pin.

I have a little over 11k rounds through one of the XD-9.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not familiar with the internals of an XD.... in some designs, the striker spring can be a portion of the pull weight. If the XD is designed like this it may up your trigger break poundage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure either.  Put the recoil spring in as that is super easy.  This gun probably has 10k rounds though it so it was still working fine but was feeling a bit looser than it used to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top